Greg Walker next hitting coach in ATL

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 12:05 PM)
BNightengale Bob Nightengale

#MLB Great hire by the #Braves, who will soon announce that Greg Walker will be their new hitting coach after leaving #WhiteSox.

I am shocked by this! :lol:

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 12:20 PM)
Who knows, his s*** might work there. All I know is that it was time for a change here.

Agreed. Good for him and good luck Greg. Hope he does well. He's really not a bad guy at all...but like R44...it was just time for a change here.

He works his ass off. I just think his time had ended here. I am amazed at how so many people think he's awful and to blame whenever a player stinks. I got news for you, Rios sucks cause he sucks. Dunn sucked cause he sucks too. I am happy with a change though cause I do think the Sox needed to give the players a new voice to hear and hopefully the coaching changes will wake some guys up and help some guys out.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 12:05 PM)
BNightengale Bob Nightengale

#MLB Great hire by the #Braves, who will soon announce that Greg Walker will be their new hitting coach after leaving #WhiteSox.

Guess the tweeter: "Great man, great coach. One day Sox fans will have an idea of what a hitting coach actually does and appreciate Walk."

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 12:49 PM)
Guess the tweeter: "Great man, great coach. One day Sox fans will have an idea of what a hitting coach actually does and appreciate Walk."

And maybe one day Joe will actually have an idea of what a journalist does and appreciate the work that everyone else in the Chicago media does.

My roommate (die hard Braves fan) is pissed. And having adopted the Braves as my 2nd team (since I live in Atlanta and go to a bunch of games), I can't say I like it either. Then again, as someone previously mentioned, they hit about as bad as a team possibly could last year so anything should be an upgrade.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 12:23 PM)
He works his ass off. I just think his time had ended here. I am amazed at how so many people think he's awful and to blame whenever a player stinks. I got news for you, Rios sucks cause he sucks. Dunn sucked cause he sucks too. I am happy with a change though cause I do think the Sox needed to give the players a new voice to hear and hopefully the coaching changes will wake some guys up and help some guys out.

Dunn's career numbers take offense to that.

And LOL at the Braves. So much for Heyward's career.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 06:28 PM)
Regardless of the people's opinion on this board, Walker is respected in the MLB community.

Good luck in Atlanta!

As usual, I agree with Badger. Good luck to Walker. Sounds like he is totally committed to his job.