"Major League Ready Talent" Only

Marty34

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Oct 22, 2011 -> 10:52 AM)
Who are they?

Who cares at this point? If he sucks in 2012 then anything is better than him in 2013, if he's actually decent in 2012 then all the sudden the Sox might not be in the worst shape in the world. Either way it's a win-win as far as 2013 is concerned.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Oct 22, 2011 -> 10:48 AM)
Who replaces Peavy?

If Peavy pitches reasonably well this season and manages to stay reasonably healthy, I wouldn't be surprised to see him come back on a ridiculously cheap 1 or 2 yr deal. He's a competitor and seems to be a pretty stand-up guy. My guess is that he feels as embarrassed about getting paid what he's been paid by the Sox as we are angry. Kind of like folks think Dunn would retire if he can't earn his keep, I think Jake will try to make his lack of performance up to the Sox.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 22, 2011 -> 03:43 PM)
Williams states that he will move his guys for major league ready talent only, and then in the second paragraph states that he'll have to see what teams are willing to give up and that they may have to trade today's talent for tomorrow's talent, implying somehow that he is trading for A or AA players. I don't believe that to be the case but rather that he's simply suggesting that he is trading today's currently good players for tomorrow's currently good players, but tomorrow's currently good players are still major league ready talent.

Sorry but I don't see the contradiction. I will say that if he trades our performers for A or AA talent then he is contradicting himself. Some have called for a rebuild, which I don't think we need. We need non performers getting paid huge salries to step up and perform at the level we expected of them and not trade those who have done the job. Go this route called rebuilding with some elses A or AA talent will mean we struggle for a number of years and that's only of that minor league talent even comes through.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Oct 22, 2011 -> 05:00 PM)
If Peavy pitches reasonably well this season and manages to stay reasonably healthy, I wouldn't be surprised to see him come back on a ridiculously cheap 1 or 2 yr deal. He's a competitor and seems to be a pretty stand-up guy. My guess is that he feels as embarrassed about getting paid what he's been paid by the Sox as we are angry. Kind of like folks think Dunn would retire if he can't earn his keep, I think Jake will try to make his lack of performance up to the Sox.

Right now that's all we can do and that's hope those two rebound

If the entire 2011 season showed us anything it's that two great myths of major league baseball don't always apply:

1) Pitching and defense wins

2) Highest payroll wins

Therefore, I think it's reasonable for the team to attempt to build a solid, competitive core and hope it clicks.

This team needs a lobotomy and replacing The Mouth and his boys with Ventura and new coaches is a helluva start.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Oct 22, 2011 -> 01:12 PM)
Sorry but I don't see the contradiction. I will say that if he trades our performers for A or AA talent then he is contradicting himself. Some have called for a rebuild, which I don't think we need. We need non performers getting paid huge salries to step up and perform at the level we expected of them and not trade those who have done the job. Go this route called rebuilding with some elses A or AA talent will mean we struggle for a number of years and that's only of that minor league talent even comes through.

"Kenny Williams contradicting Kenny Williams's own statements by making a trade" is something that happens what, 6-7 times a year?

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Oct 22, 2011 -> 01:15 PM)
If the entire 2011 season showed us anything it's that two great myths of major league baseball don't always apply:

1) Pitching and defense wins

2) Highest payroll wins

Therefore, I think it's reasonable for the team to attempt to build a solid, competitive core and hope it clicks.

This team needs a lobotomy and replacing The Mouth and his boys with Ventura and new coaches is a helluva start.

The White Sox weren't really all that good on pitching or defense last year, all things considered. Especially early in the season when they fell apart...their OF in particular couldn't catch a thing.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Oct 22, 2011 -> 03:57 PM)
No hate session, you're just a Kenny apologist. Wear it proudly my friend.

What does that even mean? You're a Guillen apologist. Does that make it any better? I mean, I understand that your sources are in Miami now and everything... :lol: