Two sports, same cities, same day

This question came up on another message board prompted by the Cowboys hosting the Rams and the Rangers hosting the Cardinals this past Sunday.

How often do the same two cities compete in two different sports in the same city on the same day (including playoffs but not including exhibition/pre-season)?

I checked the Bears/Sox and had to go back to 9/21/1997 with the Bears@Patriots and the Sox@RedSox (taking a fairly liberal definition of same city as far as the Patriots are concerned). There were a couple more recent occasions of the Sox-Tigers and Bears-Lions playing on the same day, but they weren't in the same city.

Anybody care to check this out for Sox/Bulls, Sox/Hawks, or maybe even Bears/Cubs??

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 12:45 PM)
Right, but the criteria is two teams, playing two teams from the same city and in the same city.

The Bears may have had a home game the same day as 2005 WS Game 2, but it wasn't against the Houston Texans.

I see, my bad. That game was definitely against the Baltimore Ravens.

I'm pretty confident the hawks, sox, and bulls all played detroit teams on the same day not too long ago. So 2 had to be in the same city.

There are very few opportunities for the Hawks and Bulls to play in the same city on the same day, though Detroit would be one of them.