Six short years ago...

southsider2k5

I remember being at Game 1 and pinching myself as the national anthem was sung. I could not believe I actually was seeing it LIVE, history, in person. I was a nervous wreck. I'll never forget Biggio grounding out to 3rd base for the first out of the game, and all of the high fives that ensued after the FIRST OUT OF THE GAME. Talk about intense!! Every out was huge. The plays Crede made all game were incredible.

Simply an amazing experience.

That, and walking out of the place after the W in game 1 and the ENTIRE crowd, in unison, chanting "let's go white sox"...."lets go white sox"....as we were walking down the ramp on our way out of the stadium. I knew then somehow it was our year and we were going to be world series champs.

Great memories.

KW and JR and RV should think about the '05 team. That should be our model/goal: great starting pitching, decent bullpen with a reliable closer (well after Shingo we had two), solid defense, solid on fundamentals (like bunting, hit and run, moving guys over, manufacturing runs, playing hard), and good timely hitting.

KW was at his best making trades in and around 2004/2005. Even trades like Contreras for Loaiza and Freddy Garcia (and Ben Davis lol) for Morse, Reed, and Olivo. Just some smart trades and signings.

If he only can go back to that. Finding guys who are likely to rebound or contribute like AJ and Dye. Then looking overseas and finding Iguchi. Why haven't we found any other Japanese players recently?

Maybe there was a little bit of luck that all of his trades seemed golden around 2005. But, I think if he reflects back on them maybe he can remember what he was doing right for awhile. lol! And our payroll wasn't excessive high in 2005. Not a single outrageous contract that year.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Oct 27, 2011 -> 01:07 AM)
I was in Watterson Towers at ISU drinking Keystone Light with my good friend IamPabloOzuna.

I literally sat in my dorm room by myself, no booze, I bought 2 large sprites from mcdonalds and ate pop tarts while I watched the game and all the post game coverage. I was such a cool freshman.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 27, 2011 -> 01:12 AM)
I literally sat in my dorm room by myself, no booze, I bought 2 large sprites from mcdonalds and ate pop tarts while I watched the game and all the post game coverage. I was such a cool freshman.

Hey at least you made it through freshman year, unlike me.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 27, 2011 -> 01:12 AM)

I was a sophomore so clearly we were cool.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 26, 2011 -> 01:33 PM)
I probably took about 5 years off of my life during that postseason. I was on edge for every single pitch. It would be nice to go back in time with some confidence and enjoy each game :lol:

5 years off of your life? You're a true fan. I can't believe it was 10 years ago that the Diamondbacks took the title.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 08:30 PM)
Seeing the Cards celebrate gave me goosebumps.

Likewise. I almost always pull for the AL, but the hatred I have for everything that is Texas Ranger couldn't let me do it. I'm happy for St. Louis and happier for Tony LaRussa.