Potential free agents?

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 6, 2011 -> 01:57 PM)
They have no idea what they have in Santiago. He is the king of small sample size right now./

At least in my view...that's why you spend big money on scouts and coaches, to decide whether a player is actually anything useful. If they don't think he's going to be ready next year or ever, then trading Thornton and trying to replace him with a free agent who is $1 million a year cheaper just seems excessive, risky, and particularly silly if you'd be giving up any sort of draft pick.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 6, 2011 -> 01:02 PM)
At least in my view...that's why you spend big money on scouts and coaches, to decide whether a player is actually anything useful. If they don't think he's going to be ready next year or ever, then trading Thornton and trying to replace him with a free agent who is $1 million a year cheaper just seems excessive, risky, and particularly silly if you'd be giving up any sort of draft pick.

It wouldn't be with a five million dollar lefty and you know that.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 02:52 AM)
And we will all LOVE it then hate it if it goes bad.

He trades Danks, Floyd, Quentin for a mega package. Signs CJ Wilson.

/half-sarcasm.

Chicago is too mainstream for C.J. Wilson.

At this point, you HAVE to give Santiago a shot. I firmly believe that Thornton is still good, but he's old enough that there's a good chance he won't be a couple seasons from now. You can't build around him and a lefty bullpen arm is among the last piece to be added to the puzzle of a team on the verge of making a postseason run.

QUOTE (whitesox901 @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 07:07 PM)
Sox are rumored to be at suitor for Josh Willingham. I highly doubt it because they would have to move Quentin and bench De Aza. Both moves I don't see happening.

I think most of us would be shocked if Q wasn't moved so I gotta disagree with you there.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 08:49 PM)
I'd rather play de Aza.

Agreed.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 8, 2011 -> 08:55 AM)
I think most of us would be shocked if Q wasn't moved so I gotta disagree with you there.

Barring a major and unexpectedly solid trade, I'm actually going to be annoyed if the White Sox OF rotation next year isn't built around De Aza, Rios, Viciedo, with Rios on a short leash and the Stealth Elf as next in line.

QUOTE (whitesox901 @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 07:07 PM)
Sox are rumored to be at suitor for Josh Willingham. I highly doubt it because they would have to move Quentin and bench De Aza. Both moves I don't see happening.

His .361 career OBP would be a welcomed addition for Jeff Manto. :ph34r: