2012 Cubs thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 08:31 AM)
Hoyer sounds a lot like Hahn. He does the leg work.

I started to write something to that effect, but took it out. I agree with that though. President=GM and GM=Asst GM in the Cubs universe right now

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 06:45 AM)
Being reported on the Score and WBBM that Starlin Castro has been accused of sexually assaulting a woman in her mid-20s.

https://twitter.com/#!/WBBMNewsradio/st...264808709660672

Wow. Whoopsie daisies... Doubt anything comes of this, but if it does (and he goes away for a couple of years), would this be another one to file under "Cubbie Occurance"?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 08:37 AM)
I started to write something to that effect, but took it out. I agree with that though. President=GM and GM=Asst GM in the Cubs universe right now

That makes sense. I guess I just think Theo should have named himself President & GM, but I guess giving Hoyer the official GM title is a way to hook his friend up.

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 08:43 AM)
Wow. Whoopsie daisies... Doubt anything comes of this, but if it does (and he goes away for a couple of years), would this be another one to file under "Cubbie Occurance"?

And here I thought Castro was too lazy to take the extra base...

Regarding Z to Miami: I've always enjoyed Zambrano, so it's just one more reason for me to watch the Marlins this year. Thank God for mlb.tv... I wish they weren't in the same division as the Phillies so I could pull for them more, so I'll just settle for watching them when I'm not watching the Sox or Phils. I'll make it a point to catch them when they visit the Cubs and Brewers.

I think he can still be a serviceable arm for the Marlins, my only question is if he'll get his act in order for Ozzie.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 09:37 AM)
Sucks for Castro. Even if he's innocent, he'll be guilty in the court of public opinion.

Pffff. Only to morons who can't smell a starf***er when it's right under their nose. Listen, when the girl's argument is she "passed out" presumably from being wasted, it's hard to believe Castro would just get on top and start banging her. She was into it, and realized there's a good chance for cash.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 10:10 AM)
Pffff. Only to morons who can't smell a starf***er when it's right under their nose. Listen, when the girl's argument is she "passed out" presumably from being wasted, it's hard to believe Castro would just get on top and start banging her. She was into it, and realized there's a good chance for cash.

Agreed.

See Milkman? the court of public opinion goes both ways

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 09:20 AM)
Is there another franchise in MLB where the GM is as powerless & non-existent as on the north side? Yesterday on CSN the reporter said "Theo Epstein traded Zambrano to Miami. We got him on the phone to ask him about his move." Isn't that the GM's job, not the presidents? I haven't read about a move yet this winter that has included Hoyer's name, every move has been made by Theo.

I've been saying this for a while, and it's pretty annoying. Why the hell waste the money on bringing in another team's GM if he is just going to be the lackey anyway? Why not grab some random om your organization if he is only instructed to take orders from the president? And why would Hoyer agree to this when he is not going to get credit for a damn thing he does?

Some men sexually assault women.

Some women set up rich men.

Personally, I have a hard time telling the difference just going off the internet.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 02:10 PM)
Padres gave up on Rizzo quick. Its very amusing to me when GMs/scouts switch jobs, then just start signing & trading for all the players from their old team.

If KennyGM gets fired and finds another GM job, which Sox prospects will he trade for???

:lolhitting

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 01:10 PM)
Padres gave up on Rizzo quick. Its very amusing to me when GMs/scouts switch jobs, then just start signing & trading for all the players from their old team.

That is why the Sox are trading with Toronto over and over......................good trade for the Cubs.