2012 Cubs thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 05:35 PM)
Wait, i dont understand. i thought Samardzija was an epic front of the rotation starter that you could build around?

Samardzija's last five starts have been truly horrendous. Control is gone, WHIP over 2.0. Good thing he was untouchable!

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 03:16 PM)
I want Rizzo to fail spectacularly because of all this damn hype.

Well, he wont be on a winning team for at least 2 or 3 more seasons, so the odds are good he'll feel the pressure.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 03:07 PM)
And Theo's spects are always the best, right?

Guy's got the PR thing down cold, but he's been about as good as KW since 07.

Didn't Theo win a championship in 2007 or 2008? Maybe their records are identical, but let's not compare KW to Theo. I would've been extremely happy if he took over for the Sox like he did for the Cubs.

QUOTE (whitem0nkey @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 02:12 PM)
have the cubs lost a year of control by calling him up this season?

No. They waited until 2 days ago to prevent losing a year. The cut off was June 24 or something, I believe.

Didn't Theo win a championship in 2007 or 2008? Maybe their records are identical, but let's not compare KW to Theo. I would've been extremely happy if he took over for the Sox like he did for the Cubs.

No. They waited until 2 days ago to prevent losing a year. The cut off was June 24 or something, I believe.

Waiting until late June doesn't prevent losing a year of control. You still get 6 years of control. Waiting until late June assures that only three of those years are arb years instead of four.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 07:49 AM)

Yeah, they won in 2007, that's why he said SINCE 2007. With the second highest payroll in baseball, the BoSox have sat at home the last two postseasons and didn't win a playoff game the season before that.

People aren't saying that it was an awful hire, but when the Cubs have already been crowned 2016-2018 WS champions, people are questioning the ridiculous hype.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 08:36 AM)
Yeah, they won in 2007, that's why he said SINCE 2007. With the second highest payroll in baseball, the BoSox have sat at home the last two postseasons and didn't win a playoff game the season before that.

People aren't saying that it was an awful hire, but when the Cubs have already been crowned 2016-2018 WS champions, people are questioning the ridiculous hype.

A lot of steroids and money went into those teams as well as a concrete organization to begin with.

Theo is starting in Chicago all alone.

Sorry he has Jed Hoyer fired GM of the worst team in baseball.

These guys are not Jerry Vanisi

Edited by Harry Chappas

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 03:16 PM)
I want Rizzo to fail spectacularly because of all this damn hype.

It isn't his fault though, he's not out there saying any of that crap. I feel more this way about a guy like Bryce Harper, who I hope fails spectacularly, because he's such an arrogant prick.

I think Theo is a fantastic GM and has a great track record overall. However his performance since 2007, with the resources and assets that the BoSox have, has been mediocre.

Many, many GM's have outperformed Theo in that span. But the same nuthugger pundits that built his reputation in the first place, can't find the cajones to criticize him when it's warranted. Call it the "Tony Romo" effect.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 11:04 AM)
I think Theo is a fantastic GM and has a great track record overall. However his performance since 2007, with the resources and assets that the BoSox have, has been mediocre.

Many, many GM's have outperformed Theo in that span. But the same nuthugger pundits that built his reputation in the first place, can't find the cajones to criticize him when it's warranted. Call it the "Tony Romo" effect.

Excellent post.

maybe i missed it somewhere else, but its hilarious that lahair made the all star team. hes not even a first baseman anymore, hes a platoon player now (doesnt bat vs. lefties since hes batting .079 against them) and has been very average at best since may.

may: 5hr, 8rbi , .253

june:3hr, 6rbi, .231

so he became an all star because of what he did in april(.390,5,14) theo needs to trade him this month since his value will never be higher.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 01:48 PM)
maybe i missed it somewhere else, but its hilarious that lahair made the all star team. hes not even a first baseman anymore, hes a platoon player now (doesnt bat vs. lefties since hes batting .079 against them) and has been very average at best since may.

may: 5hr, 8rbi , .253

june:3hr, 6rbi, .231

so he became an all star because of what he did in april(.390,5,14) theo needs to trade him this month since his value will never be higher.

Great post. He's essentially a AAAA player. If Theo doesn't trade him by the deadline, that would be a huge mistake. Like you said, he's one dimensional in terms of who he can or cannot hit again.