2012 Cubs thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (OsweGo-Go Sox @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 03:21 PM)
Why the hell would he turn this trade down?

I understand the situation with his daughter and all, but people have been talking about a trade all season and he hasn't said anything.

they said he vetoed the trade?havent seen anything yet

QUOTE (OsweGo-Go Sox @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 03:21 PM)
Why the hell would he turn this trade down?

I understand the situation with his daughter and all, but people have been talking about a trade all season and he hasn't said anything.

The tweet above makes it seem the BRAVES cut loose of the trade, not the Cubs or Dempster. Not sure where you are getting this.

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS

braves & cubs had agreed on dempster deal. his twitter comment suggests his 10-and-5 veto rights could be in play tho

Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale

The #Braves and #Cubs simply waiting for Dempster's approval

it seems like they are just waiting for his approval, i think it gets done. it has been reported many times he would accept a trade to certain teams, especially in the n.l. and the braves being one of them. would be shocked if he said no

Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick

Dempster is pitching Wednesday, so #cubs and #braves should know soon whether he'll accept or reject the deal.

Expand

But when trade leaked out in media Monday before #cubs informed him, Dempster was not happy. Felt blindsided, said a source.

Expand

Sources say Ryan Dempster had given preliminary indications that he would accept a trade to the #braves from #cubs

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 08:59 AM)
Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick

Dempster is pitching Wednesday, so #cubs and #braves should know soon whether he'll accept or reject the deal.

Expand

But when trade leaked out in media Monday before #cubs informed him, Dempster was not happy. Felt blindsided, said a source.

Expand

Sources say Ryan Dempster had given preliminary indications that he would accept a trade to the #braves from #cubs

Interesting. I wonder if he would reject the deal, simply because he was upset about the way it went down. That would be fine by me, the Cubs don't need to be adding any arms to that system.

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 06:23 PM)
Did anyone see video of Albert Almora's first HR in what I believe was his 1st pro game? He absolutely crushed it. Sounded like a gun going off, and although it's hard to tell, it looks like the ball may have cleared the scoreboard. Well over 400 feet.

Javier Baez having a great year as well. IMO, Cubs should trade Starlin Castro for a young starting pitcher.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 01:23 PM)
Did anyone see video of Albert Almora's first HR in what I believe was his 1st pro game? He absolutely crushed it. Sounded like a gun going off, and although it's hard to tell, it looks like the ball may have cleared the scoreboard. Well over 400 feet.

Well, either way, here's the video......

Turns out it was his 1st pro AT-BAT as well.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 01:23 PM)

2015 World Series MVP, lock.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 12:57 PM)
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Sources: Dempster does not want to go to #Braves - at least not yet.

Dempster is really screwing the Cubs over by not going to Atlanta. Randall Delgado would have been a hell of a get for the Cubs. I think Theo's plan was to send Demp to Atlanta and Garza to LA for Zach Lee. Zach Lee and Randall Delgado would have been a nice start for the rebuilding plan on the pitching side.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 10:29 AM)
nice bluff.

Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN

As of now, Cubs' plan is to keep Dempster and make qualifying offer to get a draft pick -- unless offers improve. Not close to LAD deal yet.

that theyre fustrated by their lack of leverage. well what do you expect, he said he wants to go to the dodgers. would be dumb for them to give up a top prospect