2012 Cubs thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 10:35 AM)
An MRI showed that Garza still has fluid in his triceps, won't pitch til after deadline. There goes his trade value.

It is pretty awesome how everything Theo thought he would be able to do has just turned into a disaster, starting with the changes to the drafting system and international signings in the CBA this winter.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 04:35 PM)
An MRI showed that Garza still has fluid in his triceps, won't pitch til after deadline. There goes his trade value.

normally i would never draw pleasure from someone else's misfortune, but...

...lol

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 08:43 PM)
Bored at work went into Gameday and flipped through the cubs stats. Other than baby Jesus Rizzo that lineup is embarrassing. I did not realize that Soto was under .200. Ole Starlin in the .280's which is good but with that defense and lock of OBP nothignto write home about.

It is amazing how much Soto has flopped since his ROY season.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 02:43 PM)
Still better than Nestor Molina

Way too early to write off Molina. I have a feeling he's been hurting all season due to the amount of innings he pitched last year. I don't think we've seen the real Molina yet.

As for Travis, best case scenario he's a NL #4 starter. I'll take my chances on the guy KW, his scouts, and Paddy have scouted extensively and were very high on coming into the season.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 03:16 PM)
Ster-oids

*clap, clap*

His profile sure screams that. Had that suddenly gigantic increase in power in AAA, and first year in the majors... then the new drug testing came out, and he's fallen off to being awful.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 10:37 AM)
It is pretty awesome how everything Theo thought he would be able to do has just turned into a disaster, starting with the changes to the drafting system and international signings in the CBA this winter.

I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

So Castro is young and all, but he has a .308 obp. I would imagine that the vast majority of those across baseball would rather have him than viciedo, but I'm not sure that there is much difference

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 07:05 PM)
So Castro is young and all, but he has a .308 obp. I would imagine that the vast majority of those across baseball would rather have him than viciedo, but I'm not sure that there is much difference

IMO, Cubs should offer Castro to Mariners for Hultzen and another prospect

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 09:23 AM)
Just curious... what exactly is the Cubs' starting rotation now? With Demp and Maholm traded?

Garza, Samardja, Wood, Germano?, Volstad?. Germano started Monday, Volstad just got recalled for Coleman who started last night

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 06:46 PM)
Unless they pick up at least half the money, that's lawl-worthy.

just rumors, but I've heard if the Cubs have any notion of trading him at any point they will have to pick up well over half of the money.

How about that professional front office eh?

The Cubs chances of trading Alfonso Soriano or anyone else to the Dodgers in the near future probably has been killed by the sour taste left from the Ryan Dempster saga.

Sources confirmed Saturday that Cubs management did not let the Dodgers know they were letting Dempster listen in on phone calls between the team Tuesday regarding the possibility of a trade to them. The serious breach of ethics figures to affect the relationship between the two organizations, which had been on good terms until now.