2012 Cubs thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 27, 2012 -> 08:30 PM)
I don't think you know where the term "fun bad" comes from. It's actually insulting them more to say it's past the point of fun bad.

Or you don't understand that it never gets past fun bad for the Cubs to be losing badly. That is always fun.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 28, 2012 -> 08:58 AM)
I know, as usual, the self-professed expert on what everyone should be thinking, knows all.

We're not talking opinion, we're talking facts.

Again, do you know where it comes from?

I'm not talking about us Sox fans liking the Cubs losing. That's a given.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 28, 2012 -> 07:17 AM)
The Cubs are where a lot of people on Soxtalk think the Sox should be. Battle for the #1 pick. One big difference, 30k still show up when the Cubs are horrid. If the Sox ever get this bad, they will be lucky if 10k are actually at the park.

They have that many tickets "sold" but there are 3k on stubhub and thousands on the streets. Brokers picked up every ticket in the offseason and now there is no where to unload them.

Stubhub today has tickets priced from $2

Edit: Down to a penny a ticket

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 29, 2012 -> 11:00 AM)
They have that many tickets "sold" but there are 3k on stubhub and thousands on the streets. Brokers picked up every ticket in the offseason and now there is no where to unload them.

Stubhub today has tickets priced from $2

Edit: Down to a penny a ticket

Hmmm, One penny for a Jeff SAMARJ bobble head. Too bad I have to work, that'd be an easy $50 on ebay.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 29, 2012 -> 12:01 PM)
A friend on Facebook already pulling the attendance card out. Sad.

Cubs fans have been doing that ever since the Cubs series this year.

They see that their team sucks a lot and they see the Sox playing well. They have no comebacks other than the attendance stuff.

In previous years where both teams were kind of bad (like last year), I've had Cubs fan friends tell me that both teams suck and that winning against the Cubs is no big deal.

A lot of Cubs fans are just sad, sad people. Usually baseball-stupid too.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 29, 2012 -> 11:09 AM)
Hmmm, One penny for a Jeff SAMARJ bobble head. Too bad I have to work, that'd be an easy $50 on ebay.

Still too much if you have to watch the Cubs...

How far have the Cubs fallen? It was 100 times more expensive to get a box seat at Comiskey Park in 1910 ($1) as it was to get a ticket for Jeff Samardzija bobblehead day at Wrigley today (1 cent).

the cubs having a guest during the 7th inning really needs to end. the guests they get sometimes..i dont know who it was today, he was a chef i guess, he said he didnt know a thing about baseball. they had to just talk about food since he knew nothing lol