2012 Cubs thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 01:15 PM)
If I was Theo, the guy I would trade is Smarjdkfdjfdk. He was hot garbage until this year. You could probably get a mint for him. He just seems like a short term wonder to me.

Considering that he gave up baseball for several years, the fact that it took him a while to get going makes complete sense.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 01:55 PM)
Might want to check your facts, he was actually good last year too for a full season, and this is his first year starting, and he's been good there now too.

Not sure what baseball sense that would make.

50 walks in 88 innings last year. If he goes back to that, he won't be a starter very long. The Cubs will be bad for at least 2 or 3 years, it would be a good time to dump him.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 01:55 PM)
Might want to check your facts, he was actually good last year too for a full season, and this is his first year starting, and he's been good there now too.

Not sure what baseball sense that would make.

Man, everything you say always seems so condescending to me.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 08:29 PM)
50 walks in 88 innings last year. If he goes back to that, he won't be a starter very long. The Cubs will be bad for at least 2 or 3 years, it would be a good time to dump him.

Well clearly he hasn't. Regardless 1.3 whip and under 3 era last year. Point stands. Clearly not hot garbage.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 07:36 AM)
Bases loaded 1 out. DP grounder, Castro steps on second and starts running to the dugout, instead of throwing to 1st. Thought there were 2 outs already. Tying run scores.

I've never really heard him speak, so, someone help me out here... is Starlin Castro suffering from ADHD or something? Or is he just immature and spacey? Or is he just plain dumb, like box of rocks dumb? Young players make mistakes, but I can't remember a player ever making as many truly bone-headed ones as this guy has so far.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 10:03 AM)
I've never really heard him speak, so, someone help me out here... is Starlin Castro suffering from ADHD or something? Or is he just immature and spacey? Or is he just plain dumb, like box of rocks dumb? Young players make mistakes, but I can't remember a player ever making as many truly bone-headed ones as this guy has so far.

He's a grade A moron.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 10:03 AM)

I'm guessing his educational background is pretty similar to Ozzie's.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 11:14 AM)
I'm guessing his educational background is pretty similar to Ozzie's.

I know 8 year olds that understand the concept very well and some that have no grasp of it what so ever.

There is something more than education going on there.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 11:47 PM)
The Cubs have a vast and storied history with their center fielders of the future.

Like Felix Pie, Corey Patterson, Brett Jackson, etc...

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 11:31 AM)
I know 8 year olds that understand the concept very well and some that have no grasp of it what so ever.

There is something more than education going on there.

Yeah, and Ozzie didn't have these problems, at least not that I recall. Ozzie is uneducated and sometimes ignorant, but he's stupid, and no one questioned his work ethic as a player.

Anthony Rizzo is just putting up ridiculous numbers at Iowa (PCL) and destroying all pitching!!!

As of tonight, 22 HR's, 57 RBI's, 1183 OPS, .370 BA, .753 SLG%, .430 OBP!! Absolutely mashing raking, whatever you call it. I wonder if this kid will be the real deal for them at 1st?

QUOTE (SpainSOXfan09 @ Jun 11, 2012 -> 11:53 PM)
Anthony Rizzo is just putting up ridiculous numbers at Iowa (PCL) and destroying all pitching!!!

As of tonight, 22 HR's, 57 RBI's, 1183 OPS, .370 BA, .753 SLG%, .430 OBP!! Absolutely mashing raking, whatever you call it. I wonder if this kid will be the real deal for them at 1st?

Wow, that's incredible. When they call him up in a month or whatever, it will be interesting to see if he can get over the MLB hump this time. He sure as hell didn't last year.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 01:09 PM)
Cubs fired hitting coach Rudy Jaramillo.

I give Cubs brass credit they dumped him unlike the Sox that kept Walker 3 years too long!

It turns out it's much harder to "teach" hitting when you aren't in that ballpark in Arlington.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 01:09 PM)
Cubs fired hitting coach Rudy Jaramillo.

I give Cubs brass credit they dumped him unlike the Sox that kept Walker 3 years too long!

Rudy Jaramillo is a Soxtalk God. He was so worshipped, if the Sox couldn't pony up for him, people actually wanted whoever his "assistant" was, to take Walker's spot.

As I've said all along, you are only as good as your players. Jaramillo's results weren't any better than the 2 guys before him, and the new guy won't get better results unless Theo changes the roster.

Edited by Dick Allen