2012 Cubs thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 06:25 AM)
If Volstad wants to avoid becoming the next Anthony Young, tonight's the best chance he will get for a W with the Stros in town. Our old friend Lucas Harrel stands in his way.

9-0 Houston. Volstad more than halfway there to becoming the new Anthony Young.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 02:12 PM)
Holdover

Holdover that Ricketts extended last offseason before he hired Theo. The other holdover(Tom Wilkens) just got promoted to Special Asst to Hoyer

After seeing that Soriano said he had no interest in going to the Giants, and know that he turned down other trade opportunities, it makes me wonder... Is there something in the Old Style there? The fans don't care about winning, the players don't care about winning... It just amazes me that an awful baseball team, in an antique ballpark, has all of these players (such as Sori, Dempster, Wood, etc) who never want to leave.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 12:38 PM)
After seeing that Soriano said he had no interest in going to the Giants, and know that he turned down other trade opportunities, it makes me wonder... Is there something in the Old Style there? The fans don't care about winning, the players don't care about winning... It just amazes me that an awful baseball team, in an antique ballpark, has all of these players (such as Sori, Dempster, Wood, etc) who never want to leave.

Perhaps they prefer having most nights off? (apparently this is true for Castro). Not having to work the extra month in October might also be a perk.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 12:38 PM)

Soriano has played in 2 world series. And lost both. I don't know if that's more or less motivation.

QUOTE (G&T @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 02:53 PM)
Soriano has played in 2 world series. And lost both. I don't know if that's more or less motivation.

.240/.240/.360/.600

.227/.292/.364/.655

It wasnt pretty for him either time.

Total playoff numbers

.213/.263/.299/.562 44 games 37/174 9 BB, 3 Doubles, 4 Homeruns, 18 RBIs 10/13 SB 53 strikeouts(!!!!!)

Doesnt seem like there ever was much motivation

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 11:38 AM)

Phil Rodgers, "No team could use Soriano more than the Rays".

Rumor has it Detroit was interested at one time.