2012 Cubs thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 08:13 AM)
Rosenthal reporting that Cubs are pursuing Pujols and Prince. Ugh, I don't want to root against either

With the Cubs front office finally knowing what the hell they're doing, I actually don't have any displeasure when seeing the Cubs make a good move.

But then again, I've been physically away from stupid Cubs fans for a while now and my mind may change when I encounter some stupid ones again.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cowley on WSCR was saying that if Florida gets Pulojs the cubs may eat all of Zambrano's salary to get Gabby Sanchez

He went on to tell us that Big Z to Ozzie will most likely happen with cubs eating most of the salary........

What are the cubs going to run out there every 5th day.

Eating contracts work but you still need to field a team.

I know it was pointed out in another thread how bad Phil Rogers was on baseball, but I guess I never really paid attention. Then I just saw this, his "grand slam of lobby theories"

Red Sox sign Pujols, and then trade Adrian Gonazlez PLUS prospects Will Middlebrooks and Micahel Bowden AND other young pitchers to the Cubs for Garza and Marmol.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 07:42 PM)
Deal done, with Cubs also getting first round bust C. Weather and Rockies getting DJ LeMahieu
Garbage for garbage. I don't know what the Cubs see in Stewart. He's been absolutely horrible. At least Colvin had one decent year.