• Pulp Fiction
    • A Time to Kill
    • Die Hard With a Vengeance
    • Coach Carter
    • Snakes on a Plane
    • Jurassic Park
    • The Negotiator
    • His next mother f***ing movie

WTF, you guys ruined a perfectly good discussion on Samuel L. Jackson with talk about Christina Ricci. Shame.

Pulp Fiction is the easy number one for me, but after that it gets tough. He's a secondary character in a lot of movies I really loved. For movies he had a big part in it's between Jackie Brown and Unbreakable. I'll always stop to watch Iron Man and Kill Bill if they're on cable somewhere, but he's barely in them.

I can see the objection to him being the highest grossing actor of all time. He has had bit parts in some of the biggest box office movies. It's like after all the roles are filled let's find something for Sam our "good luck" charm.

I have to agree with what someone else said -- this is all based on a technicality. He was, at best, in sub-role bit parts for 20 seconds in most of these movies, and/or NOT the star/main attraction of almost all of them.

I don't think this counts as him being a box office sensation. He was in a bunch of movies that made a bunch of money, but they didn't make money because of him, but mostly in spite of him.

Aside from a scant few movies, he's better at ruining movies than making them good.

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 04:55 AM)
I can see the objection to him being the highest grossing actor of all time. He has had bit parts in some of the biggest box office movies. It's like after all the roles are filled let's find something for Sam our "good luck" charm.

For a while in the late 90s, I think Jeff Goldblum may have been near the top of the list just by appearing in Independence Day and the Jurassic Park movies.