All New Soccer Thread ~ All Levels ~ All Leagues

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 07:22 PM)
City just lost to freakin' Crystal Palace. They've now sunk to 4th and are at risk of losing a guaranteed spot in the Champions League round of 32.

Palace has been really playing well since Pardew took over. Still a surprise, but not as bad as if they played in December.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 7, 2015 -> 12:57 PM)
Palace has been really playing well since Pardew took over. Still a surprise, but not as bad as if they played in December.

Man City took 22 shots and had the ball for 76% of the time. Yet they still lost. lol

And yeah I saw that CP was 4th or 5th in the BPL since Pardew took over.

Arsenal might actually not finish 4th this year. Woah!

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (OnlyGillis @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 12:20 AM)
A snooze fest between Real Madrid and Atletico in the Champions League today. I suspect tomorrow's game between PSG and Barcelona could be much more entertaining.

No Ibra. No David Luiz. Barca should get some away goals.

So the price on Bayern Munich away to Porto has dropped to almost EVEN in most places. Porto is great at home but will probably be missing Jackson Martinez and Christian Tello. I know Bayern is a little banged up right now but shouldn't they be much greater favorites here? I just can't see Porto having the ability to stop them.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 08:10 AM)
So the price on Bayern Munich away to Porto has dropped to almost EVEN in most places. Porto is great at home but will probably be missing Jackson Martinez and Christian Tello. I know Bayern is a little banged up right now but shouldn't they be much greater favorites here? I just can't see Porto having the ability to stop them.

It's a 2 goal lead. I think Bayern can definitely win 2-0 at home. It's always tough to play from behind though. You already know Porto is probably going to play 5 at the back and with a defensive mindset come the next match. It'd be dumb of them not to park the bus.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 05:18 PM)
So when I mentioned no David Luiz as a bad thing for PSG, I was definitely wrong. Suarez made Luiz his b**** in the second half. He got nutmegged twice.

50M euros to get nutmegged for 2 goals after he goes to Russia for a miracle cure on his hamstring.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 08:10 AM)

The house always wins!

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 11:16 PM)
The house always wins!

LOL yeah that one hurt the account a bit. I won a BTTS in PSG/Barca but didn't put as much on it. I'd love to see Porto advance, just completely didn't see it coming. Jackson Martinez wasn't supposed to play either I had read. Oh well.

QUOTE (OnlyGillis @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 06:09 PM)
Or they can turn it up whenever they want to ... without Ribery, Robben, and Schweini.

I'm pretty sure they wanted to turn it on against Porto on the road, it just didn't happen.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 5, 2015 -> 04:38 PM)
Juventus steal one from RM in Turin.

Some Italian soccer people I follow on Twitter were saying Juve put together their best effort of the year. Should have been 3-1 but Llorente missed a sitter. I still think RM moves on, but Juve definitely gave themselves a good shot.

Juventus advance. What a job by Juventus. They're clearly not as talented, but they pulled it off.

Real Madrid is going to walk away with nothing this year. Barcelona has a chance at the Treble.

QUOTE (danman31 @ May 13, 2015 -> 09:01 PM)
I love seeing Real Madrid lose. Juve really earned it though. Barca will be heavily favored, but Juve is a tricky opponent. They will try to take advantage of Barca's weakness on set pieces.

RM fans are spoiled as hell.