LET'S MAKE A LIST NOV-DEC '11

knightni

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Dec 1, 2011 -> 12:47 PM)
Wicked Witch of the West is an interesting entry.

I've heard it argued that she's hardly a villain at all. Dorothy shows up, kills her sister, steals the shoes, then comes after her at the Wizard's demand.

The version told in Wicked is also pretty cool, even if you just read a plot summary, rather than the book/musical: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wicked:_The_L...tch_of_the_West

She and her flying monkeys scared my s***less when I was a little boy. The Wicked Witch and the Evil Queen topped my list because they're the only villains to have ever truly made me cower in fear.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Dec 1, 2011 -> 01:33 PM)
She and her flying monkeys scared my s***less when I was a little boy. The Wicked Witch and the Evil Queen topped my list because they're the only villains to have ever truly made me cower in fear.

Those flying monkeys have starred in many a nightmare of mine.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 30, 2011 -> 02:41 PM)
I have another Daniel Day-Lewis villain on my list rather than Plainview.

I have him on my list as well

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Dec 1, 2011 -> 12:47 PM)
I've heard it argued that she's hardly a villain at all. Dorothy shows up, kills her sister, steals the shoes, then comes after her at the Wizard's demand.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18881_5-rea...good-witch.html

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 07:55 AM)
Depending on the age of your daughter, that seems kind of odd.

She was a high school junior I believe when that came out. She also loves the original Godfather movie.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 11:30 AM)
Tommy DeVito, another one BigEd and I share.

How was he a villain? I saw him on "villain" lists I googled, but I didn't vote for him because I don't think of him as a villain in the movie, he's friends with Henry Hill. I felt bad when he was killed, like the mob bosses were the villains.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 11:34 AM)
How was he a villain? I saw him on "villain" lists I googled, but I didn't vote for him because I don't think of him as a villain in the movie, he's friends with Henry Hill. I felt bad when he was killed, like the mob bosses were the villains.

They're all bad people. Henry Hill could be on the list himself. On top of that, I don't know how anyone could describe him as anything but a villain. He was an uncontrollable, remorseless killer.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 11:46 AM)
They're all bad people. Henry Hill could be on the list himself. On top of that, I don't know how anyone could describe him as anything but a villain. He was an uncontrollable, remorseless killer.

That makes sense, they obviously were bad people. I guess that when I made my list, I looked at it more as people that I rooted against in the movie/book as villains, not necesarily villanous people in general.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 12:02 PM)
That makes sense, they obviously were bad people. I guess that when I made my list, I looked at it more as people that I rooted against in the movie/book as villains, not necesarily villanous people in general.

I get your logic, as the center of the movie is a bad guy and everything. But if you're going strictly by the enemies of the main character, the villain would be the FBI or something :lol:

Though the character is never truly seen, he propels the film's plot—Mrs. Voorhees, the cook at Camp Crystal Lake, seeks revenge for his death, which she blames on the camp counselors. Jason's second appearance was in the sequel, Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981). Revealed to be alive, an adult Jason exacts revenge on Alice for decapitating his mother in the original film.

This is something that has always bothered me. In the first Friday the 13th movie, his mother wants revenge for the camp counselors allowing her son to drown in the lake. Yet in the sequel it was revealed that he didn't die.

What happened to him that his mother thought he was dead and how the hell did he survive all those years in between?

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 01:00 PM)
This is something that has always bothered me. In the first Friday the 13th movie, his mother wants revenge for the camp counselors allowing her son to drown in the lake. Yet in the sequel it was revealed that he didn't die.

What happened to him that his mother thought he was dead and how the hell did he survive all those years in between?

Those movies are pure garbage. Why read into them at all?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 11:46 AM)

Villains in film are defined differently than how Webster's defines it. To be a villain, Tommy would have to be cast against our main character with whom we are sympathetic. Tommy is the antithesis of villain in 'Goodfellas'.