LET'S MAKE A LIST NOV-DEC '11

knightni

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 12:04 PM)
I get your logic, as the center of the movie is a bad guy and everything. But if you're going strictly by the enemies of the main character, the villain would be the FBI or something :lol:

Or more likely the film doesn't contain a true villain. If the main character were Spider, then Tommy would be a villain.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 02:20 PM)
Villains in film are defined differently than how Webster's defines it. To be a villain, Tommy would have to be cast against our main character with whom we are sympathetic. Tommy is the antithesis of villain in 'Goodfellas'.

Who's sympathetic to Henry Hill? I root against him each time.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 12:41 PM)
Magneto was the final villain cut from my list. That was mostly due to the fact that I sort of agreed with his stance, and definitely rooted for him in First Class.

That's why I had him so high, he's so compelling.

You should never understand and root for a villain, but with Magneto, you do at times.

Yet he is still evil when it omes to his methods.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 03:10 PM)
That's kind of silly since you know he's just going to wind up miserable in suburbia each time.

Haha it must be like watching the 1985 Super Bowl over and over again and rooting against the Patriots. I would think after you know the result there would be no need to root for either side anymore.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 12:40 PM)
Pittshoganerkoff, you son of a b****! I wanted to have Gus the highest, but I had him at #2. Who was the third person who voted for him, and how high?

I think I had him #3, but just to piss you off

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 12:40 PM)
Pittshoganerkoff, you son of a b****! I wanted to have Gus the highest, but I had him at #2. Who was the third person who voted for him, and how high?

I had him on my list I think around 8-10

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 01:44 PM)
Voldemort really, guys?

And the Saw franchise is terrible, but that discussion has been rehashed over and over on this board.

Yes, really. Tom Riddle really made for quite a compelling Villain in the books. Really one dimensional in the movies though.