Penn State horror story

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jan 25, 2012 -> 06:52 PM)
But the article is about Paterno, it isnt about the entire case. I think youd be hard pressed to find any reasonable person in the entire world who puts more blame on Paterno then Sandusky. Not even the author is saying that.

You'd also be hard pressed to find vigils happening for Sandusky or parades or flags hanging at half staff because of him.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 25, 2012 -> 06:06 PM)
You'd also be hard pressed to find vigils happening for Sandusky or parades or flags hanging at half staff because of him.

Exactly. This isn't difficult. Paterno is a national figure. No one else involved is, therefore he's going to get a lot of the focus. In addition to that, you have innumerable idiots making all sorts of excuses for him (not in this thread), writing articles about how important his football wins were, rioting, etc. Paterno wouldn't be villainized nearly as much if there hadn't been so many people rushing to rationalize his actions and weigh them against something like football.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 25, 2012 -> 05:44 PM)
Drunkbomber,

When an article titled "f*** Joe Paterno" is posted, where Sandusky is mentioned 1 time, compared to 15 times by Paterno, it appears to me that a disproportionate amount of blame is being placed on Paterno.

Remember, my comments are a response to the article "f*** Joe Paterno", where Paterno's name was used 15+ times, Sandusky's 1 time and the man who actually raped the girl who wrote the article, his name was mentioned 0 times.

If you disagree and think the article isnt doing that, its fine, but that was my reaction to reading the article "f*** Joe Paterno".

The article is about people who abet rapists and child rapists by not speaking up when they know something is happening.

The article purposefully left out her attacker's name in order to protect others, as she clearly explains.

And with that, Im done. I think that Ive been respectful to others points of view, but you know what, its just not worth my time if people are going to attack me for really no reason.

If you disagree that there should be more investigations into PSU and that there should be an independent investigation that is not being paid for by the PSU trustees, then attack me, and say how stupid I am for wanting a better investigation so that we can catch more people who were responsible.

Because otherwise, I just dont understand what the deal is. Paterno is dead, you cant get blood from a stone. But right now, there are likely people who played a role in this, who are sitting comfortably in their homes, not worried because no one seems to care about getting to the bottom.

I guess you guys can all high five each other because this case is resolved.

/shrugs

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 25, 2012 -> 07:47 PM)
But right now, there are likely people who played a role in this, who are sitting comfortably in their homes, not worried because no one seems to care about getting to the bottom.

This is the height of irony, you just described 10 years of Joe Paterno's life.

And with that, you should be done.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 25, 2012 -> 07:47 PM)
And with that, Im done. I think that Ive been respectful to others points of view, but you know what, its just not worth my time if people are going to attack me for really no reason.

If you disagree that there should be more investigations into PSU and that there should be an independent investigation that is not being paid for by the PSU trustees, then attack me, and say how stupid I am for wanting a better investigation so that we can catch more people who were responsible.

Because otherwise, I just dont understand what the deal is. Paterno is dead, you cant get blood from a stone. But right now, there are likely people who played a role in this, who are sitting comfortably in their homes, not worried because no one seems to care about getting to the bottom.

I guess you guys can all high five each other because this case is resolved.

/shrugs

Who is saying this lol? I think anyone with any involvement in this should go down and I havent seen anyone here say anything different. Nobody is trying to get blood from a stone, but its also a slap in the face to the victims that people are acting as if the pope just died. Of course they need to keep digging and get all the details they can but that STILL doesnt change the fact that JP didnt do enough to prevent this from happening, which he openly admitted.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 04:33 PM)
I thought Phil Knight went to Oregon and Stanford.

I find it odd that he would even be called upon to speak at JoPa's memorial, let alone use it as a forum to defend Paterno and attack the Trustees.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/s...-joepa-memorial

Let me guess who supplies PSU with their football gear.....Nike???

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 02:43 PM)

Wow, I hope it somehow gets released. Certainly looks really suspicious.

Penn State refuses to release police report on Sandusky sexual misconduct allegations

Penn State rejected a CNN public records request for a campus police report stemming from sexual misconduct allegations made against then-assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky. Sandusky faces at least 50 charges related to alleged sex abuse perpetrated against young boys over a 14-year period and has plead not guilty to all charges.

CNN asked for a copy of a Penn State campus police report from a 1998 investigation on Sandusky following the complaints of a young boy’s mother. CNN cited Pennsylvania's Right-to-Know Law to try to access the report as public records.

The reason the public university will not release records is two-fold: first, the school is "a state-related institution" and not a "state school" and therefore does not have the same public records requirements as other public institutions, according to an assistant general counsel. Penn State along with three other schools that receive state funds don't fall under Pennsylvania's right-to-know law.

Second, the school is stating that because the 1998 investigation did not result in any criminal charges, it is not criminal history and is therefore not public information.

Interestingly, state lawmakers considered a change that would have included the school under the open records law in 2007. But, according to CNN, “Penn State President Graham Spanier -- who lost his job days after the grand jury report came out this fall, after initially supporting two school officials accused of covering up a 2002 eyewitness allegation against Sandusky -- testified against the move before the House State Government Committee.”

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 09:09 PM)
The way this is unraveling would make for a hell of a movie and/or book. At the very least, a really good episode of Law & Order: SVU.

That sounds like a joke, but I'm actually pretty serious.

There is no doubt this will be an SVU episode this or next season.