Penn State horror story

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 12:32 PM)
There was the one game where he had to run to the locker room in the first half so he didn't poop his pants.

Is this true?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 05:37 PM)
You could just shorten that to "in life, money comes first." It explains everything.

Ain't that the truth. Everything has always revolved around money and it's getting worse if that's the right word every year. You can be the ugliest guy in the world and u got money you got a 10 for a girlfriend/wife. No doubt. Show the green in Vegas and you get the ROYAL treatment. Run out of the green and unable to get some more? Bum treatment.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 06:45 PM)
I hope Penn St never wins another football game. I will root against them in every game moving forward year in and year out. The whole "these players didn't do anything" is out the window because they are essentially embracing the stupid ass 'us against the world mentality' and using child rape as a rallying cry to 'prove haters wrong.'

Clueless, all of you.

Good post.

If the players decide to not transfer for whatever reason, I guess they should just shut up and use whatever rallying cries they have behind closed doors.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 03:17 PM)
Greg, I love your new posting style, seriously.

Agreed.

Also, I wish the NCAA could retract the sanctions and hit them with the four year death penalty. Their back's been broken, but not their spirit.

Break the idiots spirit.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 04:09 PM)
#TeamOutlaw

Still don't understand his post.

The football program enabled this. Sure, they didn't rape the kids, but the program needs to be punished for enabling this, covering it up, and keeping Sandusky around and knowingly let him use their facilities.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 03:59 PM)
I'm glad were all in agreement that if you dont rape any kids, you should be punished.

Can I ask a serious question? Do you believe that a convicted murderer should be released if his family will suffer if he is sent to prison?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 08:17 PM)
Greg, I love your new posting style, seriously.

You mean not doing the haiku format? Or expressing my outrage for that punk who killed 12 people in Colorado? Or not mentioning Oz as much?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 03:59 PM)
I'm glad were all in agreement that if you dont rape any kids, you should be punished.

Last I checked, the current players still get to keep their scholarships, so they get a free education which really is why they are supposed to be in college in the first place. The team is still going to play games. Not bowl games for a while. If the current players don't like it, they are free to go elsewhere and be eligible to play right away.

Football became too important in Happy Valley. Hopefully, these sanctions will eventually lead to more people realizing that some things are more important than PSU's football record.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 04:11 PM)
Football became too important in Happy Valley. Hopefully, these sanctions will eventually lead to more people realizing that some things are more important than PSU's football record.

That is so true. College sports are out of control in so many places.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 11:11 AM)

F***ing. This.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 11:11 AM)
Last I checked, the current players still get to keep their scholarships, so they get a free education which really is why they are supposed to be in college in the first place. The team is still going to play games. Not bowl games for a while. If the current players don't like it, they are free to go elsewhere and be eligible to play right away.

They already realize it...JoePa is more important that PSU's football record.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 12:38 PM)
That is so true. College sports are out of control in so many places.

Sports in general are out of control in this nation. Adults get in fights at kiddie sport events.

I don't get the whole college worship mentality. It's monopoly that oil execs envy. Ever heard of a college that said they were going to drop tuition 10% for the nest year? Never.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 12:32 AM)
Sports in general are out of control in this nation. Adults get in fights at kiddie sport events.

I don't get the whole college worship mentality. It's monopoly that oil execs envy. Ever heard of a college that said they were going to drop tuition 10% for the nest year? Never.

The worship mentality is pretty sick. You win a national title at a hoops factory school or a football factory school and you are god. KU basketball is the only thing people care about or talk about in Lawrence, Ks. The team is about to go on a European tour. People actually care about the games they'll be playing in Europe and they are against a bunch of bums putting on jerseys in Zurich. Kentucky basketball I'd assume is the only thing people care about in Lexington; Oklahoma football in Norman; Alabama football in Alabama; it's pretty amazing and pretty sick.

Wow our seven day forecast on our TV here has 97 as the coolest day of the upcoming seven. It's been between 95 and 100 every day for about 28 straight days now. This state has turned into Las Vegas.

Edited by greg775

Kentucky basketball I'd assume is the only thing people care about in Lexington;

Kentucky basketball is the only thing people care about in the entire state of Kentucky, save about a 20-mile radius around Louisville. There are also plenty of people who have lived on the Indiana side of the river their entire lives that are die-hard Kentucky fans.

It's reason #1 I want to get the f*** out of here.

Wow our seven day forecast on our TV here has 97 as the coolest day of the upcoming seven. It's been between 95 and 100 every day for about 28 straight days now. This state has turned into Las Vegas.

We had ten or so days with highs ranging from 97-107 with low humidity. Then we had ten or so days with highs ranging from 90-95 with high humidity, which was even worse.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 04:41 PM)
Kentucky basketball is the only thing people care about in the entire state of Kentucky, save about a 20-mile radius around Louisville. There are also plenty of people who have lived on the Indiana side of the river their entire lives that are die-hard Kentucky fans.

It's reason #1 I want to get the f*** out of here.

It must be sickening. Do the Kentucky basketball fans even enjoy the games? Or just expect to win the games and win them by a lot of points? All Kansas fans here do is b**** during the games. They do not seem to enjoy them, at least the ones who watch on TV. The ones actually in the fieldhouse seem to enjoy the games somewhat, albeit worried the entire time that the team might actually lose a game. I can only imagine what it's like with Kentucky fans.

I wish the NCAA would strip all teams of scholarships for 10 years and start over and demand documentation of each kid's classes and determine which players are making a mockery of the system. It is not amateurism any more. there are exceptions where a player who knows he's not headed to the NFL or NBA might major in architecture or medicine or something, but for the kids with NBA aspirations? Ha. The academic scandal at NC I'm sure goes on EVERYWHERE.

Edited by greg775