Penn State horror story

QUOTE (YASNY @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 03:12 PM)
Yes, it is a f***ed up place. A thought just crossed my mind. The timing of Paterno's passing could prove to be a convenient occurance for some people. Stranger things have happened and who knows exacty how far up the, for the lack of a better analogy, food chain this goes. And don't fool yourself that Paterno was the top of the chain. ... Steve, not pointed at you. You're post is made me have this thought.

Yeah, clearly Paterno wasn't the top of the chain. He was just a guy who had a lot of power at PSU who helped cover things up. Sandusky is the evil one here, but there's some men with REAL deep pockets involved who had better hope they're already dead or start praying they are lucky enough that their victims don't single them out.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 11:47 AM)
I figured it was "deep sadness" - I didn't sense much guilt over raped kids there, just mostly sadness that he got ousted from PSU.

Don't forget that just after he was informed of the grand jury investigation into Sandusky, he went to the Penn State Trustees and negoatiated a bigger retirement package. I'm not sure that counts as sadness for being ousted either.

Hmmm.

I'm going to take the idea and run with it that these accusations are false.

Mom Beats Son’s Football Coach After Accusing Him Of Molesting Young Players

A Memphis, Tenn., mother of two is being charged with aggravated assault after she beat her son’s football coach with a baseball bat because her son said the coach had molested him, along with other players.

Lakeshia Richmond’s 8-year-old son reportedly told his mother his football coach, Tony Massey, had inappropriately touched him and other members of his football team.

“I asked them ‘Did he touch you bad, did he touch you down there?’ and my little boy said ‘yes’,” Richmond claimed, “and I said ‘was it just you?’ and he said ‘no, it was some more kids.’”

Shortly after, Richmond spotted Massey and allegedly went to the trunk of her car, grabbed a baseball bat and began beating the football coach.

“When I see him, I see my kids being hurt and that’s all I see,” she said.

“During the beating he was saying he didn’t do it and that he was sorry,” said Richmond. “If you didn’t do it then why are you saying you’re sorry? What are you sorry for?”

Reports indicate Massey is currently listed in serious condition at the hospital. Warrants served to him by local police have yielded no evidence of child abuse. Richmond appeared in court Tuesday, and is facing aggravated assault charges.

This lends and interesting, scary conversation for us to discuss... are kids (let's say if the coach benches them or calls them out or whatever) going to start "crying rape" due to the mega-coverage of the Sandusky affair?

I hope not, but, um, maybe.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 08:10 PM)
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/...ts-freeh-report

My favorite quote from Spanier:

"Why on earth would anybody cover up for a known child predator?"

Spanier playing the my Daddy was abusive card on TV tonight in a interview.......this is nonsense!

Edited by Soxfest

'Paterno': A Relentless, Failed Defense of Penn State's Disgraced Coach

One problem is that Posnanski does not know college football, or at least he doesn't know much about it before this century. His book is littered with statements about the game that simply are not true. Writing about Penn State's unbeaten 1969 team he writes of "how little respect the so-called experts had for eastern football."

I don't know what he means by "so-called experts." The AP poll was voted on by the nation's leading sportswriters, and the UPI voters were the coaches, football professionals who were Paterno's peers. Studying the numbers for the 1969 season, it seems to me that if anything, Penn State was overrated with a cheesecloth schedule. (Penn State's opponents that year won just 49 of 93 games). This wasn't necessarily Paterno's fault; he was bound to play relative weaklings by both regional affiliations and tradition—such as Navy, Army, Maryland, Boston College, and Pittsburgh—and schedules were usually set years in advance.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 05:16 PM)
The mom asked the kid incredibly leading questions. She's a f***ing moron and should see jail time.

While you and Soxbadger are both right...as a parent, emotions will always reign supreme. I wouldnt' be thinking clearly, asking questions as if I were a lawyer. Then again, I certainly wouldn't go after someone with a bat either, unless I was POSITIVE this was true.

But, don't give the mom grief because of her questions...give her grief because of the action.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 08:38 PM)
Hmmm.

I'm going to take the idea and run with it that these accusations are false.

This lends and interesting, scary conversation for us to discuss... are kids (let's say if the coach benches them or calls them out or whatever) going to start "crying rape" due to the mega-coverage of the Sandusky affair?

I hope not, but, um, maybe.

I'm sure some kids will do that. Just like some kids probably turn in the old busdriver who didn't do anything but drive the bus. Hopefully people won't rush to judgment, but it's easy to rush to judgment cause who ever would think a kid would lie about something that serious???

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 11:16 PM)
The mom asked the kid incredibly leading questions. She's a f***ing moron and should see jail time.

No argument here. You can't swing a baseball bat at a guy's head until you are sure he committed the crime. Even then you still are going to go to jail for putting the law in your own hands.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 01:39 PM)
Those Ohio State "I would rather shower in Penn St than cheer for the Wolverines" fan shirts are classy

http://jezebel.com/5938687/ohio-state-fans...n-state-victims

That ONE fan that is not representative of entire fanbase whatsoever stole it from LSU

tigers-alabama-penn-state-1.jpg

Or it could have been Iowa

cmt-medium.jpg

Or MOST likely, an asshole trying to sell tshirts to huge fanbases.

Edited by RockRaines