Penn State horror story

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 01:19 PM)
I would like to add that had Joe Paterno or anyone else at Penn State actually cared about anything other than their precious football program, then "Victim 9" as linked in my previous post would never have been subjected to repeated rape and sexual abuse (2004-2008).

OMG, Sandusky was arraigned in a freaking PSU track suit.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, hearing that both Fine AND Sanduskys wives knew what was going on is so sickening and both of them should be tried for aiding and abetting. I know thats probably a wrong charge and im probably saying the wrong thing, but goddamnit kids lives were ruined and these women just turned their heads and kept on living their lives like nothing was wrong

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:47 PM)
You know, hearing that both Fine AND Sanduskys wives knew what was going on is so sickening and both of them should be tried for aiding and abetting. I know thats probably a wrong charge and im probably saying the wrong thing, but goddamnit kids lives were ruined and these women just turned their heads and kept on living their lives like nothing was wrong

No. It's the head coachs' fault.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 12:47 PM)
I don't see how bond can be set for someone who so obviously is a danger to society.

Innocent until proven guilty. Bail is designed to be certain the person sticks around for trial. It isn't a fine for the severity of the crime. I can't believe he will have access to any kids after his picture has been plastered all over.

QUOTE (Tex @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 02:26 PM)
Innocent until proven guilty. Bail is designed to be certain the person sticks around for trial. It isn't a fine for the severity of the crime. I can't believe he will have access to any kids after his picture has been plastered all over.

Thats what the PSU staff said when they banned him from campus.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 04:15 PM)
again, oversimplification of a very complex argument. Cherry pick all you want

I made a point that highlighted how most people were very quick to place a huge amount of blame on Paterno, they called for him being retired, and worse, yet others receive very little. Sorry if it is overly simplified. May I ask how I should make it more complex?

I will try to be more complex in future posts if you will. Would you please explain how my point could have been made better without being too simple or cherry picking?

QUOTE (Tex @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 09:25 PM)
I made a point that highlighted how most people were very quick to place a huge amount of blame on Paterno, they called for him being retired, and worse, yet others receive very little. Sorry if it is overly simplified. May I ask how I should make it more complex?

I will try to be more complex in future posts if you will. Would you please explain how my point could have been made better without being too simple or cherry picking?

you didnt nake any point. you still havent. you are attempting to call people out for some percieved slight on paterno. if paterno was a part of this cover up, f*** him. same for schultz, curley, mcqueary, spanier, the former police chief,the governer, and anyone involved. f*** them all. if paterno took more heat then them, oh well. it wont make me lose any sleep knowing he got bad articles written about him and he got fired. he deserves it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 09:38 PM)
you didnt nake any point. you still havent. you are attempting to call people out for some percieved slight on paterno. if paterno was a part of this cover up, f*** him. same for schultz, curley, mcqueary, spanier, the former police chief,the governer, and anyone involved. f*** them all. if paterno took more heat then them, oh well. it wont make me lose any sleep knowing he got bad articles written about him and he got fired. he deserves it.

The only person calling anyone out here is you calling me out.

I thought I made a very clear point. Everyone that knew about this and did nothing but sit on their ass should get the Paterno treatment.

That is my point, can I make it any clearer? Everyone that knew and did nothing deserves the Paterno treatment. Sorry if I have over simplified my point. I don't believe it needs to be any more complex.