Penn State horror story

QUOTE (Tex @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 09:51 AM)
No. It's the head coachs' fault.

QUOTE (Tex @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 09:41 PM)
The only person calling anyone out here is you calling me out.

I thought I made a very clear point. Everyone that knew about this and did nothing but sit on their ass should get the Paterno treatment.

That is my point, can I make it any clearer? Everyone that knew and did nothing deserves the Paterno treatment. Sorry if I have over simplified my point. I don't believe it needs to be any more complex.

Tex, you're not fooling anyone. Your initial statement was clearly a shot at people "blaming" Paterno, which nobody did. Everyone agreed that it was Sandusky's fault, but Paterno's inaction when he was made aware of the situation created a fireable offense.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, you got me. I was calling out everyone here that only blamed Paterno, which by your own admission, and I agree, is, wait for it, no one here. So I say I wasn't calling anyone out. You claim there wasn't anyone to call out. Yet somehow you keep accusing me of calling out people.

Link

Mike McQueary, the Penn State assistant coach who described visual details to a grand jury and police of Jerry Sandusky sexually assaulting a young boy in a locker-room shower in 2002, told a different version of the event to a family friend shortly afterward, The Patriot-News has reported.

McQueary left Penn State's campus and went to his father's house for advice immediately after the incident involving Sanudusky, the former Nittany Lions defensive coordinator who stands charged with sexually abusing at least 10 boys.

That is when McQueary told Dr. Jonathan Dranov, a family friend and colleague of McQueary's father, that he had heard "sex sounds" and a running shower before a young boy peered around the corner of the shower's stall, the Harrisburg, Pa., newspaper reported Sunday morning, citing a source with knowledge of Dranov's testimony before the grand jury that brought the charges.

McQueary, a receivers coach who remains on administrative leave, said he then saw an adult arm reach around the boy's waist and pull him out of view, Dranov told the grand jury, according to the newspaper's source.

Sandusky left the shower in a towel seconds later, the report said.

Because McQueary said he hadn't personally witnessed an assault, Dranov said he advised McQueary to report the incident to his superiors at Penn State, but that he shouldn't worry about informing the police, the report said.

Ousted coach Joe Paterno has said he was never told of anything such as rape or molestation about what happened in the shower stall. Paterno and McQueary discussed the matter the next day.

McQueary's story is also a key aspect of the perjury and other charges brought against former Penn State athletic director Tim Curley and ex-vice president Gary Schultz, whose stories also contradict McQueary's.

Curley and Schultz have testified they were told about "horseplay" that McQueary said made him feel uncomfortable. McQueary says he told them graphic details about a sexual assault.

As previously reported, McQueary told a friend in an email that he stopped the alleged rape and discussed it with police, something a source familiar with the state's investigation confirmed to ESPN's Tom Rinaldi.

McQueary testified that after witnessing the alleged assault, he left the building, called his father and the next day told Paterno what he saw.

In another email reported by NBC News, McQueary told friends that he did the right thing.

"I didn't just turn and run ... I made sure it stopped ... I had to make quick tough decisions," he said in the email, according to the report.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 09:04 AM)
Sandusky was to face some accusers at his preliminary hearing this morning, but at the last second he waived his right too. Sounds like he is still trying to control the victims, I'm sure it took a lot of preparation to get ready to testify today.

There really isn't any need for a preliminary hearing where a grand jury already heard the case. It probably protects the victims more than anything else. I don't think there is much to read into this.

QUOTE (G&T @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 09:06 AM)
There really isn't any need for a preliminary hearing where a grand jury already heard the case. It probably protects the victims more than anything else. I don't think there is much to read into this.

The only thing is that he could have waived it a while ago. Just the fact that he did the same morning it kind of interesting, IMO.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 10:29 AM)
The only thing is that he could have waived it a while ago. Just the fact that he did the same morning it kind of interesting, IMO.

Once a right is waived it can't exactly be taken back so you might as well wait until the last minute.

At one point, Amendola discussed the possibility that Mike McQueary witnessed a rape, told Joe Paterno and two university administrators, and no one did anything except tell Sandusky to stay out of the locker room with kids. To anyone who believes that version of events, Amendola said, "I suggest you dial 1-800-REALITY."

When you dial 1-800-REALITY...this is what you get.

Hey guys, welcome to the hottest place for triple-X action. Get ready for bulging, bursting pleasure with horny gay, bi, and bi-curious studs. Just 99 cents per minute.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 07:13 PM)
Plus the kids all have the same story, which means clearly one told all the others and they all made up the same sort of story.

No dumbf***s, it shows Sandusky's continual pattern of attack.

I may not always agree with him, but I am 100% confident that Soxbadger could do a better job than this guy.