MLB Expansion Franchises

Quin

I wonder if the move of the Astros to the AL would push San Antonio/Austin up the ladder? I know in the past there was no way the Rangers and Astros would allow a third franchise, especially the Astros, since they seem to be the team of choice in Austin and I think in SA. Still, I can't imagine MLB wouldn't want to go somewhere new...like Portland, Vegas, Nashville.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 02:28 PM)
I wonder if the move of the Astros to the AL would push San Antonio/Austin up the ladder? I know in the past there was no way the Rangers and Astros would allow a third franchise, especially the Astros, since they seem to be the team of choice in Austin and I think in SA. Still, I can't imagine MLB wouldn't want to go somewhere new...like Portland, Vegas, Nashville.

It shouldn't. Houston and Dallas are about as far away from San Antonio as Chicago is from Detroit or Cleveland.

The whole "Black Sox" connection makes baseball in Vegas very unlikely in our lifetimes. Ditto Pete Rose.

Portland Or is wierd, because it's kinda small, but supposedly the interest in baseball in that area is through the roof.

It is also illegal to bet on MLB games when they are in Vegas.. learned that last year when Palehose/Cubs game. No gambling no team pretty simple.

I also like to add, Stop with the expansion talk.. Until you can get every stadium full every game.. no reason to have this talk. IMO there are too many teams now, which IMO water down the talent pool adding more teams waters it down even more.

Edited by VictoryMC98

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Nov 25, 2011 -> 01:54 PM)
I also like to add, Stop with the expansion talk.. Until you can get every stadium full every game.. no reason to have this talk. IMO there are too many teams now, which IMO water down the talent pool adding more teams waters it down even more.

IMO, the talent pool on Soxtalk was already pretty good before you came around, troll. We didn't need to add you either.