Ranking college footballs best coaches

GASHWOUND

Yeah, but the Big Ten is a b**** league. Just my feelings.

Go Big XII!

The big 12 has stronger top echelon teams, but the depth isn't there, IMO. Probly a little bit better of a conference than big ten, but big ten is no b****. Proof, look at the bowl records last year. Oh, and the national champion might i add

Btw, your triple threat is nothing compared to my unbeatable pair of 7's

Yeah, but the Big Ten is a b**** league. Just my feelings.

Go Big XII!

The big 12 has stronger top echelon teams, but the depth isn't there, IMO. Probly a little bit better of a conference than big ten, but big ten is no b****. Proof, look at the bowl records last year. Oh, and the national champion might i add

Btw, your triple threat is nothing compared to my unbeatable pair of 7's

It's just conditioned to hate the Big 10 along with Iowa. I kida miss the Big 8 days though.

s-big8logo.gif

I agree with the ESPN synopsis.

I think Joe tiller is probably the best behind Tressel Carr and Paterno. Tiller always has Purdue up for games, and they always play good teams hard. Not too mention his teams are usually undersized and still compete on a major level.

That team that went to the Rose bowl was undersized and they still played great. Tiller is a great strategist, too bad he usually gives Michigan a run for their money

By the way, i think the writer should have mentioned June Jones as the best coach in WAC, or at least mentioned him. Instead June Jones is ignored despite making Hawaii a great program (considering it Hawaii)

4. Southeastern Conference: In the last two years, look at the coaches that the SEC has lost: Steve Spurrier, who won a national championship and seven league titles at Florida; Dennis Franchione, who pulled Bama out of a deep hole, won a few games, and then replaced the Tide where he found them; and Mike Price, who won two Pac-10 titles, then came to Tuscaloosa and never lost a game.

That doesn't count South Carolina's Lou Holtz, whose attention span seems to be waning.

While I like the idea of ranking the conference coaches, this guy has no f***ing clue when it comes to Holtz right now. He is more focused on this football season than ever at USC, and 2004 as the potential year, with all the youth on the team. So...Maisel, good article, but make sure you have all the facts straight.

I agree with the ESPN synopsis. 

I think Joe tiller is probably the best behind Tressel Carr and Paterno.  Tiller always has Purdue up for games, and they always play good teams hard.  Not too mention his teams are usually undersized and still compete on a major level. 

That team that went to the Rose bowl was undersized and they still played great.  Tiller is a great strategist, too bad he usually gives Michigan a run for their money

Excellent points and totally agree. That guy can run an offense, as can Turner, but Tiller does a better job of getting players up and creating a defensive scheme, hence Purdue is above where we are and he's a great coach

The Big Ten is definitely deeper than the Big 12, but the Big 12 is definitely more top heavy. A conference like the Big Ten has very good games every weekend while the Big 12 will have an awesome game only every other week or so.