White Sox trade rumor

SOXOBAMA

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 03:37 PM)
Reports out of NY.. The White Sox will ship Matt Thornton to the Yankees for Austin Romine. I am not to sure, if there is more to deal this or not..

O.o. I really doubt that, but if that happens, awesome. I'm not so confident in Flowers' ability to make consistent contact, so it'd be nice to get a top tier catching prospect.

Link?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 03:38 PM)
O.o. I really doubt that, but if that happens, awesome. I'm not so confident in Flowers' ability to make consistent contact, so it'd be nice to get a top tier catching prospect.

Link?

Romine is hardly a top tier catching prospect. He's more of an average regular if things pan out. Still somewhat valuable though.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 03:43 PM)
This would be fantastic if true, which is why I doubt it's true.

However, Romine is rather expendable to the Yankees who have Montero.

Tyler Flowers craps all over this dude's minor league stats. Why is that a good thing again?

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 03:41 PM)
Romine is hardly a top tier catching prospect. He's more of an average regular if things pan out. Still somewhat valuable though.

Just saw his minors stats. You're right. I thought he was better than that given that he was ranked so high in the Yankees' system.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 03:42 PM)
It'd be a phenomenal trade if KW pulled that off. Seriously doubt the validity however.

Phenomenal why? I wouldn't hate the trade, but Romine isn't someone to be giddy over. It would be an adequate return.

Kevin_Goldstein Kevin Goldstein

Average every day C, not a star. RT @ProfessorFog: @Kevin_Goldstein Succinct Romine summary?

17 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 03:46 PM)
Just saw his minors stats. You're right. I thought he was better than that given that he was ranked so high in the Yankees' system.

I blame the fact he's a NYY prospect. Couple that with Jesus Montero in front of him, and his name is everywhere in any Yankees trade proposal.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 04:46 PM)

He's supposedly their best defensive catching prospect, while there is question about whether the other guy will even hang at C.

There doesn't appear to be any great upside for the Sox. We trade a quality left handed relief pitcher - rated one of the best mind you - for a AA catching prospect? Maybe with another real good Yankee prospect we would be doing good, but it seems all we are doing here is dumping salary. That is something KW said we wouldn't be doing. He wanted impact major league ready players. He has an infatuation with the Yankees for some reason and has been fleeced before.

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 05:25 PM)
There doesn't appear to be any great upside for the Sox. We trade a quality left handed relief pitcher - rated one of the best mind you - for a AA catching prospect? Maybe with another real good Yankee prospect we would be doing good, but it seems all we are doing here is dumping salary. That is something KW said we wouldn't be doing. He wanted impact major league ready players. He has an infatuation with the Yankees for some reason and has been fleeced before.

He was still a top 100 in MLB prospect coming into the last 2 seasons based on BA's rankings

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 11:27 PM)
He was still a top 100 in MLB prospect coming into the last 2 seasons based on BA's rankings

Need more from the Yankees I think to make this work as a good Sox deal. Plus I think you answered my question to the other post I made. Thanks!

Edited by elrockinMT