White Sox trade rumor

SOXOBAMA

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Nov 20, 2011 -> 09:08 AM)
Conveniently when they were out of it. Thornton's a valuable set up man, but everyone thinks he's better than his results show him to be because of his 95-97 mph fastball.

You thought they were out of it in February, so of course you would say that. His June and July were pretty damn good

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheHugeUnit @ Nov 19, 2011 -> 07:57 PM)
Here's a list of the Yankees top prospects...

http://topprospectalert.com/2011/11/17/201...spect-rankings/

This guy is a bit too heavy on just looking at stats though. I actually go and see them play at SI, Scranton and Trenton. Thats SS, Triple-A and Double-A a lot so I know a bit more. My own list would be

If you want to get a better look at who you should target...

Montero - I'm sure you know about him.

Banuelos - lefty, he's short and throws about mid 90s so he gets Johan comps a lot and he's small and basically a bulldog on the mound with really good control so he gets Maddux comps a lot. I would say both of those are best case but either way Banuelos is going to be at least a very good no 2 starter, could very well be a no 1. Short of an Ace though.

Betances - Manny is short where Dellin is tall. Dellin throws fast and hard, but his control isn't too good, although it's gotten better as he decreaed his velo this year and started to pitch and not throw, when he throws he's like Daniel Cabrera, when he pitches... he's unhittable. I think he's like AJ Burnett, he could be very good or very bad.

Sanchez - Basically like an upgraded Montero. He's got better power, better hitting abilities, better defense(which he still doesn't have great defense) and faster but still not fast haha.

Williams - You could be looking at a top 20 prospect next year. This guy is a pure athlete, something the Yankees haven't had in their system for at least ten years. Very exciting player.

Santana - If it wasn't for a brutal ankle injury, Santana would probably be a top 100 prospect right now. He's a true five tool player where that term gets thrown around a lot. This guy has a ton of potentional, just hope he can get back healthy.

You're not going to get Banuelos or Montero for Thorton or Danks so don't even begin to think that. Williams and Santana are far away, in SS and GCL. So... yeah I seriously doubt Kenny Williams will center a deal around one of those and Mark Newman and Cashman are both extremely high on those two guys.

Phelps, Warren and DJ Mitchell are three guys who are knocking on the door in Triple-A, they are nice arms and I think if a deal went down at least one of those three will be in the deal. Phelps just finished the year strong in AFL. Warren my favorite of the three could be a no 3 or 4 starter. Mitchell I would love to see as the long man out of our pen. I'm willing to bet my balls that Cashman wouldn't go after Thornton if the price was more than Romine. A guy I could see you going after is the Mexican Babe Ruth, Jorge Vazquez as a third or foruth piece in a deal.

I don't know much about the minor leagues as a whole, let alone the Yankees' minor leagues, but it seems like the Yankees have a top 3 system with the way you've written about it.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Nov 20, 2011 -> 09:08 AM)
Conveniently when they were out of it. Thornton's a valuable set up man, but everyone thinks he's better than his results show him to be because of his 95-97 mph fastball.

Marty, you've really become a black cloud. I'm usually one as well, but yours is as black as the inside of a coffin on a moonless night. Have a Coke and a smile.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 20, 2011 -> 11:14 AM)
I don't know much about the minor leagues as a whole, let alone the Yankees' minor leagues, but it seems like the Yankees have a top 3 system with the way you've written about it.

They're about 6th or 7th. A lot of their talent is in lower levels... Santana, Williams, Sanchez. So yeah that really hurts when you rank systems. They've got a few pieces in Triple-A and Double-A... Warren, Banuelos, Betances, Mitchell, Almonte and Phelps but not much else and nothing at all in High A. (using last years rosters obviously 2012 players will advance)

Edited by TheHugeUnit

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 20, 2011 -> 11:17 AM)
Marty, you've really become a black cloud. I'm usually one as well, but yours is as black as the inside of a coffin on a moonless night. Have a Coke and a smile.

There's a difference with being negative and just being wrong.