18. passw0rd

19. shadow

20. 123123

21. 654321

22. superman

23. qazwsx

24. michael

25. football

I know 2 passwords, my 4 digit pin to unlock my password app, and the master unlock password to then read/decrypt anything in that app.

I have a different password for every website I'm on, every forum, credit card, bank and every email address I own/use. This is commonly how hackers get you, if they compromise any single company you have an account on, and you use the same password everywhere else or in multiple places, they basically own you on every account you used that password on. The biggest one is having a separate email password, as with this, they can figure out what institutions you have an account on and have it send you a new password via email with the "I forgot my login/pass link".

My passwords look something like this (this is just an example): hUi2FaPd39Mmk8

My password on Soxtalk even looks something like that.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Nov 23, 2011 -> 08:22 AM)
I know 2 passwords, my 4 digit pin to unlock my password app, and the master unlock password to then read/decrypt anything in that app.

I have a different password for every website I'm on, every forum, credit card, bank and every email address I own/use. This is commonly how hackers get you, if they compromise any single company you have an account on, and you use the same password everywhere else or in multiple places, they basically own you on every account you used that password on. The biggest one is having a separate email password, as with this, they can figure out what institutions you have an account on and have it send you a new password via email with the "I forgot my login/pass link".

I have a couple of different "levels" of passwords. If someone hacks my forums accounts password, I don't really give a s***. That's different from my email password, which is different from my banking passwords and different from my work-related passwords.

My work has a pretty strict password policy:

1) Must be 12-16 characters long

2) Must contain at least one uppercase letter, at least one lowercase letter, at least one number, and at least one of !, $, %, ^, &, *

3) Must not have the same singe character repeated more than 3 times consecutively and must not have the same sequence of 2+ characters repeated at all

4) Must not contain employee's login name, birthdate, or SSN

5) New password must not have a sequence of 5+ characters in common with any of the previous 6 passwords.

I change my non-work passwords at the same time I'm required to change my work passwords, and use a mixture of the current and two most recent work passwords on the various sites, so that they aren't all the same, but I only have to remember 3 passwords at a time.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Nov 23, 2011 -> 08:22 AM)

do you use LastPass?

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 23, 2011 -> 08:40 AM)
do you use LastPass?

1Password. I have it on all my PC's/Mac's/iDevices and it synchs up my password lists amongst them.

All I remember are my base 2 passwords (the 4 digit pin and master password), the rest of them I get from inside the app and copy/paste when I need to use it. For less important things, such as a forum, I have my browser remember the password.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Nov 23, 2011 -> 08:43 AM)
1Password. I have it on all my PC's/Mac's/iDevices and it synchs up my password lists amongst them.

All I remember are my base 2 passwords (the 4 digit pin and master password), the rest of them I get from inside the app and copy/paste when I need to use it. For less important things, such as a forum, I have my browser remember the password.

Do you have the problem of soxtalk logging you out if you switch to another device?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 23, 2011 -> 08:44 AM)
Do you have the problem of soxtalk logging you out if you switch to another device?

Not really, and even if it does, since I allow certain passwords to "save" in the browser, if I click logon, the user/pass is already filled out so it only takes a second to log back on.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Nov 23, 2011 -> 08:45 AM)
Not really, and even if it does, since I allow certain passwords to "save" in the browser, if I click logon, the user/pass is already filled out so it only takes a second to log back on.

Yeah it's not a big deal, but whenever I switch devices (work computer, home computer, phone), I won't be logged in on the new device.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 23, 2011 -> 08:32 AM)
I have a couple of different "levels" of passwords. If someone hacks my forums accounts password, I don't really give a s***. That's different from my email password, which is different from my banking passwords and different from my work-related passwords.

This is exactly what I do too.. I have different categories, then different levels.. my categories are: Bulls*** (forums, logins, etc), E-mail, Work related and Financial.

I use a 4-6 digit number and a word in each category, then based on security, I'll intertwine the number into the word. For financial passwords, I change the word and number used in each.