Sox Winter Meetings thread

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 10:23 AM)
Pujols signing with the Angels makes both Kendry Morales and Mark Trumbo expendable - which is going to make it harder to get a haul for Paul Konerko.

good point on Trumbo though. Unless they do some RF shenanigans for a couple years and then move Albert to DH

Edited by Reddy

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Reddy @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 09:28 AM)
good point on Trumbo though. Unless they do some RF shenanigans for a couple years and then move Albert to DH

He played LF some this season, so it is not out of the realm of possbiltity that they keep all 3, especially until the can establish what Morales will be after two years away from the game.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 10:36 AM)
What an awful contract.....$25-26M/yr for 10 years? To a 32 yr old? Madness.

I read where STL offered him 9 years, anyone know the dollars? That's kind of shady for him to leave STL if it was only over 1 yr on his deal.

and a lot more money. STL was around 200M or so.

s*** I'd wanna live in LA over STL also. Aint nothing wrong with that.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 09:36 AM)
What an awful contract.....$25-26M/yr for 10 years? To a 32 yr old? Madness.

I read where STL offered him 9 years, anyone know the dollars? That's kind of shady for him to leave STL if it was only over 1 yr on his deal.

Their offer was supposed to be in the $210 to 220 range for 10 years.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 10:49 AM)
Orioles close to announcing a trade today. Could very well be with the Sox

or it's Dana Eveland from the Dodgers. lol

jonmorosi:

Source: #Orioles acquire Dana Eveland from #Dodgers. [via Twitter]

Edited by Reddy

Two huge moves for the Angels. They significantly improve their offense and improve an already strong rotation. Wilson is getting paid some serious cheese though as is Pujols. Short term these moves should significantly help the Angels and it pretty much is there last chance to take fans from the Dodgers as the Dodgers should become much more viable once the ownership situation is settled.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 10:43 AM)
Your guess? Or do you know something?

I have a buddy who sells tickets for the Rangers, but it's pure speculation. I texted him this morning going to work after I heard about Pujols signing.

He just texted me "Our phones haven't stopped ringing!"

Albert to the Angels was crazy. But Wilson to the Angels as well; really stings the Rangers.

I wouldn't doubt if Danks is traded there and maybe Konerko, if they miss out on Fielder.

QUOTE (pktmotion @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 11:00 AM)
I have a buddy who sells tickets for the Rangers, but it's pure speculation. I texted him this morning going to work after I heard about Pujols signing.

He just texted me "Our phones haven't stopped ringing!"

Albert to the Angels was crazy. But Wilson to the Angels as well; really stings the Rangers.

I wouldn't doubt if Danks is traded there and maybe Konerko, if they miss out on Fielder.

Exactly what I was thinking. It's one thing to lose Wilson. But to lose him to your main competition? Oh, and Pujols. That makes things a tad bit more uncomfortable for them. Go back to them with Danks as your main bait. Don't settle for ANYTHING less than Martin Perez.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 11:05 AM)
Exactly what I was thinking. It's one thing to lose Wilson. But to lose him to your main competition? Oh, and Pujols. That makes things a tad bit more uncomfortable for them. Go back to them with Danks as your main bait. Don't settle for ANYTHING less than Martin Perez.

I'd love to see Kenny bring back some Texas prospects, but one wonders if the Rangers now go all out on Darvish.

Priority one for the Sox has to be acquiring young pitching while lowering payroll. To that end, the next guys to go should be Ramirez and Floyd (Thornton has few takers). If the demand isn't there for Danks, keep until the break. To get a blue chip pitching prospect I advocate shopping Viciedo.