Sox Winter Meetings thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (oldsox @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 11:55 AM)
There is a note in today's Denver Post that the Rockies are interested in Gordon Beckham. Second base is a position where they think they need an upgrade. If Kenny listens, the Rockettes have several verry good prospects.

I really don't want to trade Beckham. He is young and talented....you rebuild with players like him. However, if the Rockies are willing to pay the fiddler I wouldn't be totally opposed to a move.

Trade rumors are just that...I wouldn't put stock into them. I suppose if Beck is moved Lillibridge is given a chance to play 2nd base full time?

There is a note in today's Denver Post that the Rockies are interested in Gordon Beckham. Second base is a position where they think they need an upgrade. If Kenny listens, the Rockettes have several verry good prospects.

I would take Pomeranz in a heartbeat for Beckham

QUOTE (oldsox @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:55 PM)

We have a good talent in Beckham. If we start trading all our own young talent for someone elses so called talent (youinger even) maybe we can compete at the AA or AAA level for a few years?

Edited by elrockinMT

Seems like Gio being available is really holding things up on the Danks front. It was said that KW was asking the Yankees for Banuelos and Montero. I would accept a package without those guys in it. The Yankees have some intriguing names. If Gio gets dealt somewhere else would the Yankees part with a package headlined by Betances? What would be a realistic package in return for Danks? I would love Betances, Gary Sanchez and Hector Noesi but even that may be unrealistic. They also have OF's Mason Williams, Slade Heathcoate, and Dante Bichette JR.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 12:31 PM)
Seems like Gio being available is really holding things up on the Danks front. It was said that KW was asking the Yankees for Banuelos and Montero. I would accept a package without those guys in it. The Yankees have some intriguing names. If Gio gets dealt somewhere else would the Yankees part with a package headlined by Betances? What would be a realistic package in return for Danks? I would love Betances, Gary Sanchez and Hector Noesi but even that may be unrealistic. They also have OF's Mason Williams, Slade Heathcoate, and Dante Bichette JR.

No way the Yankees give up Betances, Sanchez and Noesi for Danks.

I do believe a deal including Sanchez/Romine + Noesi + lower prospect is possible.

Or the Sox could maybe get Banuelos in there, but remove Sanchez/Murphy (replace with JR Murhpy-Catcher) ... just tossing ideas out there

The Yankees as you mention have a couple OFs plus a few interesting middle infield specs.

I do believe there is a fit with the Yankees involving Danks and we wouldn't need to touch ANY of their top 5 prospects. Given that Danks is coming into his last year that's an argument to be made.

Kenny asking for Montero and Banuelos is high comedy, although I like the go-for it idea...don't really know unless you ask.

-edited for proper spelling-

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 11:43 AM)
No way the Yankees give up Betances, Sanchez and Noesi for Danks.

I do believe a deal including Sanchez/Romine + Noesi + lower prospect is possible.

Or the Sox could maybe get Banuelos in there, but remove Sanchez/Murphy (replace with JR Murhpy-Catcher) ... just tossing ideas out there

The Yankees as you mention have a couple OFs plus a few interesting middle infield specs.

I do believe there is a fit with the Yankees involving Danks and we wouldn't need to touch ANY of their top 5 prospects. Given that Danks is coming into his last year that's an argument to be made.

Kenny asking for Monteror and Banualos is high comedy, although I like the go-for it idea...don't really know unless you ask.

High comedy right there.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 01:43 PM)
This is the last full day of the winter meetings and it has been pretty damn boring so far.. I thought there would be more trades and signings..

I think something else will get done before tomorrow. Also, the groundwork for trades may be happening now. Trades that may not happen until next month.

If teams are offering garbage for John Danks, then I am glad we are hearing no news.