Sox Winter Meetings thread

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 02:48 PM)
My Red Sox source told me that, this could be a 5 to 6 player trade. With either Danks or Floyd along with Quentin to the Red Sox and some of the players that KW wants back is Reddick, Ranaudo, Igelsias and Doubront.

he also said that they been working on this all day..

Hmmm

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cali @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 02:34 PM)
I complained about the lack of excitement this off-season and hoping that the Winter Meetings would ramp it up a bit. So far the biggest story has been the Santos trade and that was hardly a blockbuster.

No crazy trades, None of the Big 4 Free Agents signed (Pujols/Fielder/Buehrle/Wilson) Come on baseball!

How is Reyes not part of the Big 4? Pujols and Wilson deals are on the verge.

My Red Sox source told me that, this could be a 5 to 6 player trade. With either Danks or Floyd along with Quentin to the Red Sox and some of the players that KW wants back is Reddick, Ranaudo, Igelsias and Doubront.

Word is Ranaudo is overrated. He'd be a good piece, but I hope KW doesn't treat him like an elite prospect

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 09:53 PM)
Word is Ranaudo is overrated. He'd be a good piece, but I hope KW doesn't treat him like an elite prospect

Never heard of KW being fascinated with Ranaudo. The key with Kenny is to always keep in mind guys he targeted. That's biggest reason I think he'll try to get Grandal.

No to all those guys if it were me. Kalish and Lavarnway are better long-term options, IMO.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 02:57 PM)
Thanks Mr Obvious!

I can actually see them wanting Floyd more for the extra year. Think of all the wasted cash they have in Lackey. If Ortiz accepts arbitration, they don't have much space until the luxury tax, which I read Gammons said they want to avoid at all costs.

No to all those guys if it were me. Kalish and Lavarnway are better long-term options, IMO.

I would love to have Kalish on the Sox. I am also a huge fan of Cecchini, would be nice to see him come over to the White Sox.

Edited by SOXOBAMA

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 03:13 PM)
Now the Marlins are saying they want to trade Hanley.

Those guys are just a disaster down there. Perfect for Ozzie.

They go and trade for Reyes and say he is the shortstop, without even seeing if Ramirez would be an ass about it (which most people would have predicted he would be). They are looking to go to a $100M payroll, banking on a new stadium, while their fan base is laughably weak and unreliable. It will be interesting to see how ugly things get for them in 2-3 years.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 03:17 PM)

They go and trade for Reyes and say he is the shortstop, without even seeing if Ramirez would be an ass about it (which most people would have predicted he would be). They are looking to go to a $100M payroll, banking on a new stadium, while their fan base is laughably weak and unreliable. It will be interesting to see how ugly things get for them in 2-3 years.

And when it gets bad, Ozzie will quit again.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 04:17 PM)

to Hanley's credit - the Marlins are dips***s for signing a WORSE player to play SS than the one they already have. If I'm Hanley I'm pissed too.