Sox Winter Meetings thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 03:20 PM)
The thing I don't get is that the new Marlins stadium is supposed to be a massive pitcher's park. Why would two potential HOFers in Pujols/Fielder want to go play there and have their numbers die?

In the end, I'm not sure either actually will, and that may have played a part.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 03:20 PM)
The thing I don't get is that the new Marlins stadium is supposed to be a massive pitcher's park. Why would two potential HOFers in Pujols/Fielder want to go play there and have their numbers die?

It won't matter because it'll be Ozzie-ball. If they land one of those guys, they could be bunting.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 03:19 PM)
to Hanley's credit - the Marlins are dips***s for signing a WORSE player to play SS than the one they already have. If I'm Hanley I'm pissed too.

Hanley is a bad defensive SS who has been bad at the plate the last two years. So what if you move to 3B? It makes the team better. Doesn't he want to win? I think he's being a crybaby, and his last two years don't give him the last word anymore.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 03:19 PM)
to Hanley's credit - the Marlins are dips***s for signing a WORSE player to play SS than the one they already have. If I'm Hanley I'm pissed too.

I only partially blame him, I mostly blame the organization for acting like a lotto winner who had two bankruptcies previous to winning. Disaster is where this is headed, IMO.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 04:21 PM)
Hanley is a bad defensive SS who has been bad at the plate the last two years. So what if you move to 3B? It makes the team better. Doesn't he want to win? I think he's being a crybaby, and his last two years don't give him the last word anymore.

please tell me how .300/.378/.475 from your SS is bad. are you flippin' kidding me? Tack on 21 HR and 32 SB and that's straight up elite. That was 2010. Don't feed me this bulls*** "bad at the plate for 2 years" thing.

And yeah last year was down, but he's still the best SS in the game. How many "down" seasons has Reyes had? FOUR sub-.800 OPS seasons to Hanley's ONE.

come on.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 03:26 PM)
please tell me how .300/.378/.475 from your SS is bad. are you flippin' kidding me? Tack on 21 HR and 32 SB and that's straight up elite. That was 2010. Don't feed me this bulls*** "bad at the plate for 2 years" thing.

And yeah last year was down, but he's still the best SS in the game. How many "down" seasons has Reyes had? FOUR sub-.800 OPS seasons to Hanley's ONE.

come on.

That would be Tulo.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 03:27 PM)
I wonder if Konerko will be traded this off season..

DKnobler DKnobler

White Sox truly willing to discuss trading anyone, although if someone wanted Konerko, it would require Reinsdorf intervention

27 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (Reddy @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 03:26 PM)

come on.

2010 was better then I remembered, but last year wasn't. Also, Tulo is the best SS in the game, and I don't think it's particularly close.

Even if I'm selling Hanley's bat short, he's below average on defense. How come A-Rod was happy to move to third at age 28? Because it was best for the team (or at least perceived to be. Ironically Jeter has been overrated defensively his whole career).

Hanley is acting like a child. Reyes is the better defensive SS, and they need help at 3B anyway. No-brainer move.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 03:30 PM)
DKnobler DKnobler

White Sox truly willing to discuss trading anyone, although if someone wanted Konerko, it would require Reinsdorf intervention

At this point, I would ask Konerko if he truly wanted to stay. If he wants to stay where he is comfortable then so be it, otherwise its not fair to him to make him stick around during a full rebuild if thats where we are going.

DKnobler DKnobler

A sportscaster wondered if the Sox would trade PK to the Cubs..

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 04:31 PM)
2010 was better then I remembered, but last year wasn't. Also, Tulo is the best SS in the game, and I don't think it's particularly close.

Even if I'm selling Hanley's bat short, he's below average on defense. How come A-Rod was happy to move to third at age 28? Because it was best for the team (or at least perceived to be. Ironically Jeter has been overrated defensively his whole career).

Hanley is acting like a child. Reyes is the better defensive SS, and they need help at 3B anyway. No-brainer move.

he's not acting like a child. He's the better player, and they're asking HIM to move. All I'm saying is I'd be just as pissed.

and lets delve into the Tulo thing. I looked it up.

OPS+ Tulo: 118 HanRam: 132

WAR Tulo: 23.7 HanRam: 29.3

Hmm....