Sox Winter Meetings thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 09:07 PM)
Oh yeah, I forgot, oops. Was more of a sarcastic trade proposal anyway.

Maybe they'll include Konerko in any trade request. I could see it happening. Why keep him around if the team is rebuilding.

Plus it seems like Dunn really needs to play somewhere in the field if there is any hope of salvaging his career with a bounce back year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 09:09 PM)
Sounds like CJ Wilson might pull the trigger for the Marlins soon. I'll be very surprised if the Rangers don't go hard after Danks.

Wouldn't that mean that the Rangers would be more likely to give up more talent now than they would have been before Wilson signed with the Marlins?

I applaud KW for holding steady and "asking for the moon".

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 08:40 PM)
The Diamondbacks are willing to trade prospects.

Good trade partners for the White Sox? Maybe they'll send some of their prospects for Danks, Floyd or Thornton.

Floyd and Thornton + $2M for Jarrod Parker, Adam Eaton, and Ryan Wheeler.

Danks for Yasmani Grandal and Homer Bailey.

Konerko + $8M for Paul Goldschmidt, Clay Zavada, and Keon Broxton

Dunn to 1B

Quentin to DH

Rios to RF

De Aza to CF

Viciedo to LF

Goldschmidt backs up Dunn

Flowers and Grandal duke it out for backup C

Bailey's our new 3

Zavada maybe helps out in garbage innings.

The rest go to the farm, until you get hot for a bit and then we trade you. We can't develop players. Thank god were starting to realize this and trading at peak value, like the Santos trade.

“It’s not the worst thing in the world to go into the season with pitching that you like and position players that you like and you just hope a few of them will rebound. If we can do a little bit of both, rebuilding of the minor-league system and compete at the major-league level, that’s not the worst thing in the world. We’ll try to evolve from there.” -Kenny Williams

Man Kenny, I liked you a lot more when it was 2006.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 10:01 PM)
Man Kenny, I liked you a lot more when it was 2006.

He still can't alienate large portions of his fan base by outwardly proclaiming re-building. Even though that's what he's obviously doing. This is classic marketing PR fodder- don't acknowledge you're s***ting on your product, even if you're s***ting on your product.

QUOTE (pktmotion @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 04:08 AM)
He still can't alienate large portions of his fan base by outwardly proclaiming re-building. Even though that's what he's obviously doing. This is classic marketing PR fodder- don't acknowledge you're s***ting on your product, even if you're s***ting on your product.

I actually liked that quote. I've said all along as long as we are saddled with some big contract veterans it's better to tinker and hope the underachievers of last year achieve.