Aaron Rowand Signs With Marlins

SOXOBAMA

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Dec 10, 2011 -> 07:22 AM)
There really is no logical reason for him to be here. It's such a fan-boy type of signing that is only meant to invigorate the old feelings of 2005. "He's a club house leader," we'll hear. Or, "he'll be a good addition with the departure of Buehrle to manage the clubhouse."

No one here knows Ventura enough as a manager to trust him; but I would rather remove the temptation all together or Rowand being on this team. I just fear a scenario where he's the go-to guy when players are struggling because of his veteran status and clubhouse leadership.

I swear, I won't truly be happy until every member of the 2005 White Sox team retires. I've already anticipated hearing rumors of Buehrle returning less than two seasons from now.

Couldn't agree more.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Dec 10, 2011 -> 07:22 AM)
There really is no logical reason for him to be here. It's such a fan-boy type of signing that is only meant to invigorate the old feelings of 2005. "He's a club house leader," we'll hear. Or, "he'll be a good addition with the departure of Buehrle to manage the clubhouse."

No one here knows Ventura enough as a manager to trust him; but I would rather remove the temptation all together or Rowand being on this team. I just fear a scenario where he's the go-to guy when players are struggling because of his veteran status and clubhouse leadership.

I swear, I won't truly be happy until every member of the 2005 White Sox team retires. I've already anticipated hearing rumors of Buehrle returning less than two seasons from now.

And there you have it. The only reason people are against is exactly because he is Aaron Rowand. Teams bring in washed up vets all of the time, especially ones that are trying to teach kids how to play the game.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 10, 2011 -> 11:05 AM)
And there you have it. The only reason people are against is exactly because he is Aaron Rowand. Teams bring in washed up vets all of the time, especially ones that are trying to teach kids how to play the game.

There's just no reason to have him unless they think he can sell some tickets. Lillibridge is literally better in every facet of the game at this point, it's just a pointless move.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 10, 2011 -> 02:50 PM)
There's just no reason to have him unless they think he can sell some tickets. Lillibridge is literally better in every facet of the game at this point, it's just a pointless move.

Lillibridge gets the first chance at SS after Ramirez is traded.

Why don't they bring back Joe Crede in some kind of capacity, infield instructor/defense coach? (Especially with Cora gone...that was SUPPOSEDLY his specialty).

I guess since Ventura played the same position...it would be a bit of overkill, but they're already going to have a bobblehead night and it would be better to have Crede as coach than Rowand as player.

Then again, they have McEwing who also played all those infield positions.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 10, 2011 -> 06:37 PM)
And if someone had actually said that, this might be relevant.

Err, I wasn't mocking anybody except myself...kind of. I'm clearly an Aaron Rowand fan, will always love the guy but he's just pointless for this team right now.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 10, 2011 -> 04:25 PM)
You really want the Sox to suck. If Lillibridge has any value, I'd trade him. He'll fall back to earth.

Reports at the winter meetings had Lillibridge as one of the most sought after players the Sox have, believe it or not.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 11, 2011 -> 08:03 PM)
Reports at the winter meetings had Lillibridge as one of the most sought after players the Sox have, believe it or not.

I could believe it...and would be the perfect example of a "sell high" guy of almost anyone on our roster, except for maybe Konerko and Humber (although the luster came off the last couple of months of the season).

With all the uncertainty around Beckham and Morel, with Rios a huge question mark...he's more valuable as a backstop at every position on the field, including 1B.

Some have advocated putting him at SS and 3B, and he played first last year at times for Konerko/Dunn defensively.

I'll give Greg Walker and/or Brent himself some credit with his baseball resuscitation.

It is a minor league deal. Why didn't we think of that? LOL@ We should have signed him first.

The 2012 Marlins : The 2005 White Sox Class Reunion

Who else can make it to Florida?

Jenks - if he and Guillens make up

Freddy Garcia - midseason trade from Yankees

Garland - where is he?

Uribe - trade with Dodgers?

Edited by sunofgold