Top US Cities

SoxFan1

So for my capstone class, I have to identify 10 cities outside of Grand Rapids that I could see myself having a career in and ultimately settling down in.

Now, obviously Chicago would be at the top of the list. But I could also see myself settling in Denver, Milwaukee or Anchorage. Those are all cities I'm familiar with and really liked while visiting.

What cities would fall on your list?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 10:23 PM)
Chicago and New York since I've been about 14 have been the only 2 cities I've ever wanted to live in. As I'm getting older, I'm starting to absolutely despise cold weather but I still can not see myself ever living outside those two areas.

It's kind of odd, being born and raised in Chicago, but I absolutely despise the "city-life" and could never really live downtown in a big city. I have to be near the outdoors so I can fish and/or hunt. Chicago I could probably put up with because it's what I know, but there's not a chance in hell I could go to New York City or Los Angeles or Houston.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 09:26 PM)
It's kind of odd, being born and raised in Chicago, but I absolutely despise the "city-life" and could never really live downtown in a big city. I have to be near the outdoors so I can fish and/or hunt. Chicago I could probably put up with because it's what I know, but there's not a chance in hell I could go to New York City or Los Angeles or Houston.

I know quite a few people like that, just completely different than me ha. I love "city-life" and can't wait to move to a big one. Oddly enough, I was not a big fan of LA when I went there but Chicago and NY are my favorite places I've been and would be the perfect places for me to live, hopefully beginning in April or May of this upcoming year.

Chicago is obviously up there. I live in Minneapolis right now, and it's awesome. I could see myself staying here awhile.

I also really want to try Austin, Denver and Portland. Everything I've heard about those three places makes it sound like they'd be perfect for me.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 12:42 AM)
Honestly, it only missed my list due to it's lack of professional sports teams save NBA. I've been there twice, and it is amazing.

Well, I'm assuming if I was to work in Portland, I'd cover the Blazers and Oregon/Oregon State sports.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 11:47 PM)
Well, I'm assuming if I was to work in Portland, I'd cover the Blazers and Oregon/Oregon State sports.

You'd have a lot of fun, and getting high and drinking really high quality booze would not be an issue. Plus, location.