Dark Horse Trade Proposals

Eminor3rd

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 04:39 PM)
Absolutely. Solid 200 Inning and RBI machines don't grow on trees. If we wait, I think contending teams will pay through the roof for Quentin and Danks. They are way more valuable than we give credit for IMO, and waiting until more FAs sign only makes desperate teams hungrier for their services.

Danks has pitched 200 innings barely twice.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 06:11 PM)
Well they do seem to like to overpay to get an established player...

I ask because Alex Gonzalez is going to Milwaukee. Do the Braves have an in-house SS solution, or are they going to bid-up Jimmy Rollins/trade for Hanley?

Pujols leaving STL has to have the Reds thinking they can win that division. Bodes well for the Sox trade opportunities. Same thing with Wilson leaving the Rangers. Off the top of my head, here are the matchups I'd like to see explored:

Tex/KC/NYY - Danks

Cin - Floyd & Thornton

SF - Ramirez

Bos - Quentin

ATL - Viciedo

Payroll drops significantly and should bring back a very good haul.

Edited by Marty34

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 07:20 PM)
Marty just doesn't like Viciedo. Trading Santos, a closer, is one thing. Trading Viciedo for a team in rebuild-mode would be pure insanity.

I like him. He's a corner OF'er who I'd rather turn into a top-of-the-rotation SP prospect.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 08:51 PM)
You know, Marty. There's this thing in baseball. I believe they're referred to as runs? You have to score them to win.

Please let Kenny in on this secret too...

at some point you need some decent position players too with some upside...

QUOTE (Wanne @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 07:57 PM)
Please let Kenny in on this secret too...

at some point you need some decent position players too with some upside...

At least KW pretty much trades pitching for pitching. Marty wants to trade every legitimate position player we have for pitching, leaving us with like 9 Steve Sax's.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 08:05 PM)
At least KW pretty much trades pitching for pitching. Marty wants to trade every legitimate position player we have for pitching, leaving us with like 9 Steve Sax's.

I don't think they will be able to get the premiere pitching needed by dealing Danks, Floyd, Quentin. That is why I advocate trading Ramirez and at the very least shopping Viciedo.

If you're a smart GM you shop everyone on your team, and you look to see if you can bait a team to overpay for one of your players. Whether that's PK, Viciedo, Ramirez, etc, if a team falls in love and gives you more value than what that player is worth to you then you make the trade.

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 07:23 PM)
Is STL moving Berkman to 1B or would they be interested in Paulie?

I seriously doubt Paulie would go to any team that STs in FLA...that's why I've never taken any stock in him going to the Marlins. I really can't see too many teams right now besides Texas that would be a serious trade partner...

QUOTE (Wanne @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 10:25 PM)
I seriously doubt Paulie would go to any team that STs in FLA...that's why I've never taken any stock in him going to the Marlins. I really can't see too many teams right now besides Texas that would be a serious trade partner...

What about Milwaukee, then?

QUOTE (pktmotion @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 09:33 PM)
If they lose Fielder, they could definitely use Konerko.

Well if Fielder goes to the Marlins Sanchez is on the block. If goes to the M's, Smoak will be. Angels have Trumbo and Morales who are expendable. There's Pena and Lee on the market as well. You won't get much for PK. Might as well keep him to sell tickets this year.

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 05:13 PM)
I ask because Alex Gonzalez is going to Milwaukee. Do the Braves have an in-house SS solution, or are they going to bid-up Jimmy Rollins/trade for Hanley?

Tyler Pastornicky is the current guy, though there are many who believe he isn't quite ready yet. It might make a ton of sense to move Alexei for a package that includes a pitcher and Pastornicky for the Sox, who window for needing a good SS is a couple years later than the Braves.

I'd imagine you couldn't get both Teheran AND Pastornicky. Maybe Vizcaino + Pastorinicky though?