14 years for Blago

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 12:44 PM)
It's about time they start stepping up the penalty for white-collar crimes. Unfortunately, he'll probably serve less than half and in a villa.

My wife said that he has to serve 80 percent of his time, and has to turn himself in on Feb 16th

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 12:44 PM)
It's about time they start stepping up the penalty for white-collar crimes. Unfortunately, he'll probably serve less than half and in a villa.

On the news they said he would serve about 80 percent of his sentence. And yes he will probably serve it in that wisconsin prison camp.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 12:50 PM)
They should let him and George Ryan share a cell.

That's actually very sad when you think about it.

pretty ironic that a huge part of his campaign was to blast George Ryan and how he would do away with corruption in politics.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 12:53 PM)
He most likely will. But make no mistake, its still jail and you still have no free will. WIth someone as entitled as Blago, it will break him.

This. But I do tend to agree with the sentiment that a prison can be too soft.

I dunno. I think 10 would have been plenty. Nobody died, nobody got physically injured, and nobody lost their life savings because of what he did. Nobody's going to be "safer" with him in jail, and he never actually profitted from the Senate seat scheme, or much else. Hard to feel sorry for him, though.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Dec 9, 2011 -> 04:56 PM)
I dunno. I think 10 would have been plenty. Nobody died, nobody got physically injured, and nobody lost their life savings because of what he did. Nobody's going to be "safer" with him in jail, and he never actually profitted from the Senate seat scheme, or much else. Hard to feel sorry for him, though.

I think corrupt politicians are the worst people on Earth, behind only serial rapists and murderers. They f*** over large groups of people, and usually it's their day-in/day-out activity.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 9, 2011 -> 07:06 PM)
I think corrupt politicians are the worst people on Earth, behind only serial rapists and murderers. They f*** over large groups of people, and usually it's their day-in/day-out activity.

This. I was hoping for 25+...to the point where Blago was going to die in prison and miss out on his children's lives. Being the governor of the State shouldn't be viewed as just some other job. This is especially true in Illinois, where corruption is now just considered the norm.