KW and SOX fans are to blame for this mess..

SOXOBAMA

Great, then all should understand why our park has 20,000 on a summer night.

So good luck running a business. Those corporations are really putting butts in the seats.

Baseball has way too many games to cater only to corporations. I realize they do, but it's a joke. I wonder how many southsiders from 55th Street down to 111th and from Kedzie over to Pulaski actually go to games.

All Sports cater to where the money is... and isn’t not with Joe the Plumber, or Bob the home builder. I’d say the majority of fans are not from the south side anymore, they are from the burbs. And coming to a game is just a pain… Have to fight traffic to get to the game, don’t get out of the game till 10-10:30 then drive home, which can be anywhere from 30-60mins.. Then get up for work.. Most people have kids and other stuff, it is just easier to flip the game on at the house. And get to a couple of games a year.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Dec 9, 2011 -> 02:24 PM)
All Sports cater to where the money is... and isn’t not with Joe the Plumber, or Bob the home builder. I’d say the majority of fans are not from the south side anymore, they are from the burbs. And coming to a game is just a pain… Have to fight traffic to get to the game, don’t get out of the game till 10-10:30 then drive home, which can be anywhere from 30-60mins.. Then get up for work.. Most people have kids and other stuff, it is just easier to flip the game on at the house. And get to a couple of games a year.

IMO HD TV has lessened the need to actually go to a game. Just a theory, but I've found myself looking at the picture on my TV or at a bar and thinking, this is way more comfortable.

IMO HD TV has lessened the need to actually go to a game. Just a theory, but I've found myself looking at the picture on my TV or at a bar and thinking, this is way more comfortable.

And this is a pet peave of mine... for both the white sox and b-hawks.. those bastards don't wait for me to pee, when I am at the games.. I can hit puase at home and not miss anything.

And yes I agree with your statement..But I still love going to the games about 3 times a month.

Edited by VictoryMC98

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 9, 2011 -> 02:27 PM)

i agree. and not having to take the smelly red line back home when I'm piss drunk is also a plus.

The $7 or $8 for a beer doesn't bother me as much. It's alcohol, and I guess I'm used to the markup on that, it's just expected wherever you go to drink. What bothers me more is paying like $5.25 for a soda or $4.50 for a water

I am a beer Snob, I hate that I have to walk 1/2 through the ball-park to get a "imported" Sam Adams. Let's get some IPA's going.. Micro-Brews

Edited by VictoryMC98

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Dec 9, 2011 -> 02:41 PM)
I am a beer Snob, I hate that I have to walk 1/2 through the ball-park to get a "imported" Sam Adams. Let's get some IPA's going.. Micro-Brews

Left field corner, there is an entire stand of Chicago land based microbrews. Its pretty damn awesome. You can also hit the BBQ brisket stand on the way over.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Dec 9, 2011 -> 02:38 PM)
i agree. and not having to take the smelly red line back home when I'm piss drunk is also a plus.

Since I moved to the burbs, I've become a Metra regular and it's the best thing ever. I took it from that new 35th st. stop a few times last year, can't imagine taking the pissy red line instead.

Left field corner, there is an entire stand of Chicago land based microbrews. Its pretty damn awesome. You can also hit the BBQ brisket stand on the way over.

and RF corner.. I'd like them to try something where the team they are playing, they import beer from that city..

New York Yankeess- Brooklyn Brewery

Cleveland- Great Lakes Brewery (They do this now)

San Diego- Stone Brewery

Phiily/Pittsburgh- Yuengling

I don't know how hard it would be, but just a cool idea..

Though when the Cards play here.. I don't want Budweiser! Unless it is being imported from Prague.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Dec 9, 2011 -> 09:13 PM)
wish i had that option. i have to take the red line to the blue line and deal with the characters that get off at the jefferson park stop. whoa boy..

Transfer at clark/lake?

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Dec 9, 2011 -> 10:26 PM)
Stop that! I like being able to get a seat after a game on my way home!

Haha, no chance. People are still scared of that green line stop. The only people that go on it are going to oak park, i feel like.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 9, 2011 -> 03:28 PM)
Haha, no chance. People are still scared of that green line stop. The only people that go on it are going to oak park, i feel like.

Back in the days of the old park, and when Robert Taylor homes were still there, there was very good reason to be scared of it. No way I would have gone there.

But now? Works great, and I feel no less safe than at the Red Line stop.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 9, 2011 -> 03:43 PM)
Is that a Sox travel secret like the "secret" Dan Ryan route of getting off at 18th street & taking Canal to the stadium?

some people get off at cermak and park in chinatown. $9 to park on average, and you can get chinese food before or after the game!

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 9, 2011 -> 03:43 PM)
Is that a Sox travel secret like the "secret" Dan Ryan route of getting off at 18th street & taking Canal to the stadium?

Shut up jerk.

And when they open my Green Line stop at Morgan/Lake i will be taking that as well. Right now I rock the #8 bus down halsted.

Edited by RockRaines