Pujols to LAAA

southsider2k5

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More than a 1/4 of a billion dollars. Wow.

edit: Are there any billionaire athletes out there?

edit2: Answered my own question with a google search. Yes, Michael Schumaker (former dominant F1 driver, first billionaire athlete), Jordan and Tiger.

Edited by StrangeSox

More than a 1/4 of a billion dollars. Wow.

edit: Are there any billionaire atheletes out there?

None I can think of who have earned a billion in their careers based on salary/winnings from their sport, but when you throw in endorsements, certainly guys like Tiger, MJ and probably some Euro soccer players have earned a billion during their careers.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 09:12 AM)
Makes a little more sense, as he can DH the last 5 years when he's a senior citizen. I wouldn't be surprised to see Trumbo traded to Cubs now.

Trumbo rocked an under .300 OBP last year. Isn't that against everything Sir Theo believes in?

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 03:31 PM)
Blessing in disguise for the Cardinals. They dodged a long-term bullet, in my opinion.

No kidding, they really should be going after Prince right now (IMO). I also could see them going after Cuddyer and then putting Berkman at 1B.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 04:33 PM)
But they are also completely screwed in the short term.

How so? There's a ton of options out there that will be much cheaper and might allow them to upgrade at other positions (I could see them going after someone like Adam Jones for CF in a trade)

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 10:35 AM)
How so? There's a ton of options out there that will be much cheaper and might allow them to upgrade at other positions (I could see them going after someone like Adam Jones for CF in a trade)

There is nothing out there which will come even close to replacing that level of production.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 09:33 AM)
But they are also completely screwed in the short term.

I disagree with that. They are still in a weaker divisioon with a pretty damn good starting rotation. If Freese, Craig, & Jay can improve on or at least maintain their 2011 seasons, they will still have some bats. Obviously it's not the same lineup, but they aren't suddenly the Astros.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 10:38 AM)
I disagree with that. They are still in a weaker divisioon with a pretty damn good starting rotation. If Freese, Craig, & Jay can improve on or at least maintain their 2011 seasons, they will still have some bats. Obviously it's not the same lineup, but they aren't suddenly the Astros.

Would you rather rely on Freese, Craig, and Jay, or Beckham, Rios, and Dunn to be key offensive producers.

That Holliday deal in particular now looks awful.