Sox Post Winter Meetings

Marty34

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we're best off if the Blue Jays get Darvish or Gio. The Rangers, Yankees, and Red Sox are under pressure to get pitching; they have to make a move somewhere. The Nats are dumb and are overly aggressive trying to gain relevance by acquiring borderline top-tier FAs. The Blue Jays however, I can see standing pat if they don't like what they see. Danks' value rises every time a SP leaves the market but the guys who HAVE to make a move still remain.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Beane hold out for too much with Gonzalez and overshoot the market. Plus, as they've already traded Cahill, they won't be quite as desperate to move Gio as well...especially as they need SOME type of future to project if they're ever to get a stadium/relocation deal approved.

For all we know, Darvish might be a victim of collusion (teams deliberately offering a lower posting fee) and past disappointing Japanese pitching results and he'll be taken off the market completely. Then again, the Yankees and Red Sox have hardly made a peep since the season ended, so maybe they're operating in stealth mode on this one...although both teams have been burned numerous times with international pitcher signings in the last 10 years or so.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 10:22 PM)
Until we know for sure on Tuesday, when Nippon accepts the bid, I won't expect any movement from other starting pitchers.

It's bull they get to drag this on for so long. Teams don't need freaking 3 business days or like 6 days to say oh well yeah we'll accept $60 million for this guy. Blue Jays are getting to be a sick team tho. Sucks that theres four teams in the AL East who will be good and then theres the O's haha

Edited by TheHugeUnit