If you were Brooks Boyer

SOXOBAMA

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have a "Be Adam Dunn" day where one lucky fan gets to bat cleanup and strike out embarrassingly 4 times a game.

Or, if there's somebody you really don't like, you can sign them up to be Carlos Quentin for a day and get hammered by a 95 mph fastball.

Need to emphasize some of the ballpark experience that is so much better than Wrigley - better food, easy (if expensive) parking, great stuff for kids, better views, fireworks, etc.

One thing the Sox have gotten so very right in the last decade, is catering to families and kids. That kids' stuff is an investment. It doesn't just bring more people to the ballpark now, it creates more fans for later.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 9, 2011 -> 02:17 PM)
Have a Rockford night/Peoria night/Champaign night/Indianapolis night/South Bend night, where you have packages that include round-trip bus ride plus ticket plus food.

That's actually a terrific idea. Seriously. You should email that to Brooks.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 9, 2011 -> 03:30 PM)
Need to emphasize some of the ballpark experience that is so much better than Wrigley - better food, easy (if expensive) parking, great stuff for kids, better views, fireworks, etc.

One thing the Sox have gotten so very right in the last decade, is catering to families and kids. That kids' stuff is an investment. It doesn't just bring more people to the ballpark now, it creates more fans for later.

That's actually a terrific idea. Seriously. You should email that to Brooks.

That is a common minor league park draw in our area. For example South Bend will have Michigan City night, where City residents get half price tickets and their own section to sit in. Adding busing would be an interesting twist.

Sponsored by Penn State

IMO, I don't think its pretty damn cool to be making jokes about the Penn ST scandal or any child sexual abuse case...

If people want to make sick jokes about child sexual abuse, I am sure there are plenty more websites that can fulfill people sick minds but lets talk about the White Sox on this site.

Edited by SOXOBAMA

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Dec 9, 2011 -> 04:52 PM)
IMO, I don't think its pretty damn cool to be making jokes about the Penn ST scandal or any child sexual abuse case...

If people want to make sick jokes about child sexual abuse, I am sure there are plenty more websites that can fulfill people sick minds but lets talk about the White Sox on this site.

Yet you want a "Michael Jackson" night. lol.

Get off your high horse dude.

Yet you want a "Michael Jackson" night. lol.[/qu

Michael Jackson is a pretty damn popular person in the world. Many different states/countries are doing things in MJ memory..

The Sox celebrate a person each year,who was with a young child ...

Edited by SOXOBAMA

I thought the initial post was a joke until I read this.

take unused upper deck tickets, partner with local athletic associations/park district and have special nights for those kids/team/families.

Example.. Wheaton Park District baseball night. Closely coordinate and give away 500 or so tickets to the organization for the kids and parents. Allow them to come in before others to watch batting practice or hang on the field after the game. Something "special".

In the meantime, they are paying for parking, buying concessions/merchandise while at the stadium while trying to capture these kids as Sox fans for the future.

Very little variable costs associated with empty seats.

They made a movie, that was all fine and good.

He still has many fans from all around the world, but what's the connection to the White Sox?

That he's from Gary, Indiana?

Imagine having a Joe Paterno Night, for example, at USCF. That's essentially what you're saying with your Michael Jackson Night idea.

Why would you do a promotion that will offend at LEAST 50% of your target audience, if not more?

The White Sox have lost MOST of their African-American fans (at least those who go to the ballpark on a consistent basis) over the last 20-30 years, as has all of baseball, for that matter. If you were a black person, would having a Michael Jackson Night seem in good taste?

Fine, have a Janet Jackson Night and have her do a concert after the game (or Jackson 5 reunion event/concert)...that would be okay, to do more concerts and events to draw fans to the ballpark.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 9, 2011 -> 10:23 PM)
Fine, have a Janet Jackson Night and have her do a concert after the game (or Jackson 5 reunion event/concert)...that would be okay, to do more concerts and events to draw fans to the ballpark.

Boob flash. Can't do it. :nono

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Dec 9, 2011 -> 10:33 PM)
hey 2012 is an election year..

why not get the worlds most prominent Sox fan, come to the ballpark? I know Illinois isnt a swing state, but hey what's a 4-5 hour diversion from Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan or Missouri for a night at home with the Sox.

You really can't plan that far ahead to have the President in attendance. Secret Service doesn't like that sort of thing.

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Dec 9, 2011 -> 09:33 PM)
hey 2012 is an election year..

why not get the worlds most prominent Sox fan, come to the ballpark? I know Illinois isnt a swing state, but hey what's a 4-5 hour diversion from Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan or Missouri for a night at home with the Sox.

It would have to be tied into a non-profit program (through the First Lady's office) and Sox Charities.

That I think most Sox fans would support (making it less clearly political)...some type of special charity game where XXX percentage amount of the tickets sold was split between Sox Charities and one selected by the First Lady, with both of them in attendance.

Or maybe they could have him participate in a charity softball/basketball (tie it in with the Bulls or Bulls/Sox Academy and bring in kids from underperforming schools to hear him speak to them privately) game inside or around the park.

Probably not time for such an event during an election year, but why not try? They're going to have to think outside the box to draw fans the next couple of seasons.