The Dark Knight Rises thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 09:07 AM)
Ridley Scott is pissed because Dark Knight got a PG-13 and Prometheus may get an R

This surprises me, I thought i remembered Scott saying that he wanted an R rating

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (onedude @ May 1, 2012 -> 08:32 AM)

Well, I'm now 100% certain they did it and went with the broken bat storyline. Not surprising, obviously. I am pumped - Hathaway seemed normal there. I'm not so sure that JGL will don the cape, but we shall see!

Im prolly the only person who feels this way, but I am not as excited about this movie as I was for the previous two.

I think Bane looks stupid, and I think thats what is really hurting my excitement. Im still gonna see it obviously, but I am just feelin blah about it so far.

QUOTE (Papa Tru @ May 1, 2012 -> 05:40 PM)
Im prolly the only person who feels this way, but I am not as excited about this movie as I was for the previous two.

I think Bane looks stupid, and I think thats what is really hurting my excitement. Im still gonna see it obviously, but I am just feelin blah about it so far.

I agree with you. Brock Lesnar shouldve been Bane, at least his crazy strength would be believable. The acting part wouldnt be a problem since you cant understand what hes saying through the mask anyways.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ May 1, 2012 -> 06:08 PM)
I agree with you. Brock Lesnar shouldve been Bane, at least his crazy strength would be believable. The acting part wouldnt be a problem since you cant understand what hes saying through the mask anyways.

Uh, did you see Warrior? Tom Hardy is fine, and a quality actor.

Tom-in-scene-from-Warrior-tom-hardy-2008

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 1, 2012 -> 06:15 PM)
Uh, did you see Warrior? Tom Hardy is fine, and a quality actor.

Tom-in-scene-from-Warrior-tom-hardy-2008

I agree...not to mention to the previous poster...Hardy is 10000x the actor/orator that Lesner is...even via an electronic voice, his actions, and pronunciation of words, and how he uses them...I'm afraid to tell you that these Christopher Nolan TDK movies are about more than just action...the cast is unbelievable...and they'd make Lesnar look like an idiot in their wake.

Anyone that questions Nolan's casting is insane at this point...all the movies this man has made as of late are pure gold.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 06:47 PM)
I agree...not to mention to the previous poster...Hardy is 10000x the actor/orator that Lesner is...even via an electronic voice, his actions, and pronunciation of words, and how he uses them...I'm afraid to tell you that these Christopher Nolan TDK movies are about more than just action...the cast is unbelievable...and they'd make Lesnar look like an idiot in their wake.

Anyone that questions Nolan's casting is insane at this point...all the movies this man has made as of late are pure gold.

I stopped questioning after The Dark Knight. I was against Ledger as the Joker, and obviously that was a tremendous performance.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 12:45 PM)
I stopped questioning after The Dark Knight. I was against Ledger as the Joker, and obviously that was a tremendous performance.

This has been a habit of the entire franchise. It started with Mr. Mom playing Batman, which everyone thought was a horrible decision, until they saw the film.

Though, there was that detour in the 3rd-5th movies that were just awful, but the cast was the least of the problems there.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 11:57 AM)
This has been a habit of the entire franchise. It started with Mr. Mom playing Batman, which everyone thought was a horrible decision, until they saw the film.

Though, there was that detour in the 3rd-5th movies that were just awful, but the cast was the least of the problems there.

Comparing Nolan's films and their casting with anything pre-Nolan is pointless. Also, I don't know what you are referring to with the "5th" movie. If you call it all one franchise, that would be "Batman Begins" which was incredible.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 12:08 PM)
Comparing Nolan's films and their casting with anything pre-Nolan is pointless. Also, I don't know what you are referring to with the "5th" movie. If you call it all one franchise, that would be "Batman Begins" which was incredible.

Hm, I might be wrong on 5th. The first two were the Tim Burton ones, those were good (first one was great). Then there was a Val Kilmer one, and a George Clooney one... yeah, you're right, there wasn't another one there before Nolan. Change what I said to be "3rd and 4th". Those were terrible.