The Dark Knight Rises thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 1, 2012 -> 08:43 AM)
<!--quoteo(post=2587847:date=May 1, 2012 -> 08:32 AM:name=onedude)-->
QUOTE (onedude @ May 1, 2012 -> 08:32 AM)
<!--quotec-->

Well, I'm now 100% certain they did it and went with the broken bat storyline. Not surprising, obviously. I am pumped - Hathaway seemed normal there. I'm not so sure that JGL will don the cape, but we shall see!

Based off of the toys they have started selling for this movie, I think he will.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 01:04 PM)
Hm, I might be wrong on 5th. The first two were the Tim Burton ones, those were good (first one was great). Then there was a Val Kilmer one, and a George Clooney one... yeah, you're right, there wasn't another one there before Nolan. Change what I said to be "3rd and 4th". Those were terrible.

There's Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin. Then there's the cartoon animated one and apparently a 60's version as well.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 10:54 AM)
There's Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin. Then there's the cartoon animated one and apparently a 60's version as well.

A couple animated ones and a '40s serial film series.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 09:17 AM)
I hadn't heard the Christopher Nolan plans to write and produce a reboot of Batman following this one.

What?

And is anyone else disappointed that there is no mention of the Joker or what happened previously? Such a great movie to just wipe clean for the finale. At least I have heard there wont be any mention.

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 10:36 AM)
What?

And is anyone else disappointed that there is no mention of the Joker or what happened previously? Such a great movie to just wipe clean for the finale. At least I have heard there wont be any mention.

Clearly they have to play off of it if Batman has retired and disappeared for a decade.

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 09:36 AM)
What?

I'm sure there will be a mention of the past, but remember, this movie takes place like a decade after the last one.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 09:50 AM)
I'm sure there will be a mention of the past, but remember, this movie takes place like a decade after the last one.

Thats crazy, Alfred hasn't aged a day!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 09:50 AM)

I heard it starts off months after the second, then jumps ahead 8 years. Batman/Bruce is supposed to be 39/40 years old for the last film.

You can kind of make out grey hair on Bruce in some shots in the trailers.

Edited by onedude

QUOTE (onedude @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 03:13 PM)
I heard it starts off months after the second, then jumps ahead 8 years. Batman/Bruce is supposed to be 39/40 years old for the last film.

You can kind of make out grey hair on Bruce in some shots in the trailers.

And Bale is clearly in lesser shape (on purpose).

Christopher Nolan is throwing down the gauntlet. “We want this to be the most exciting film, the most emotionally engaging and enjoyable blockbuster that an audience can see this summer,” says the director of The Dark Knight Rises, the third and final chapter in the Inception helmer’s trilogy of Batman movies starring Christian Bale. In advance of the film’s release on July 20, Nolan and Bale sat down with Entertainment Weekly for separate interviews to talk about the making of Rises and the remarkable success of their collaboration. The new issue of EW, on sale later this week, also features exclusive new photos from the fil.

During a chat in his home office in Los Angeles, Nolan spoke of constructing the story for Rises with writers David S. Goyer and Jonathan Nolan and discussed how the edgy epic reflects “the things that worry us” about the world. But he dismissed the perception that the movie promotes a specific political agenda. “I don’t feel there’s a Left or Right perspective in the film,” he says. “What is there is just an honest assessment or honest exploration of the world we live in.” Nolan told EW that he’s satisfied with the threequel, which pits Gotham City’s caped crusader against two new villains: Selina Kyle, a.k.a. Catwoman (Anne Hathaway), a thief who preys on high society, and Bane (Tom Hardy), a fierce, secretive, and brilliant revolutionary. Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman and Gary Oldman are back, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Marion Cotillard join the cast. “I’m very happy with it. I know it’s the film I wanted to make. It does all the things I really hoped for,” says Nolan, who found inspiration in Fritz Lang’s Metropolis, David Lean’s Dr. Zhivago and Ridley Scott’s Blade Runner – plus Charles Dickens’ A Tale of Two Cities – for his climactic opus. “I look what everyone has done in the film and I think they’ve done a very good job — and I think I’ve done a good job not obscuring it.”

Over a breakfast of carrot juice at an L.A. restaurant late last month, Bale told EW he’s both excited and overwhelmed by the imminent arrival of Rises’ pop culture moment. “It’s just begun, hasn’t it?” said the actor, noting the massive billboards outside the eatery. “These movies always start as small affairs, just me and Chris, sitting across a table, talking,” says Bale. “By this point, it starts to become this monster, just kind of roaring. For me, it’s kind of exciting, but don’t get too close, because it might devour you with its jaws.”

Not that Bale is anything less than grateful for the beast that’s been the Dark Knight. Before becoming Batman, Bale was frustrated by the lack of quality parts coming his way. Not anymore. Since Batman Begins, Bale has not only been a very busy actor, but one of Hollywood’s best. “[batman] afforded me a change in my life. And it’s up to me to make a hash of that,” says Bale, who won an Oscar last year for his work in The Fighter. “Most actors desperately hope for work to come their way. Batman has given me the ability to say, ‘I don’t have to.’ I can choose, and choose wisely, and make the most of it.”

http://www.popwatch.ew.com