The Dark Knight Rises thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 09:37 AM)
SPOILERS

This person goes further into depth on these thoughts...

"While the auto-pilot is fixed, it is certainly suggestive but obviously it does not explain how batman escaped the bat with five seconds to go before an atomic bomb with a radius of six miles goes off. Saying he survived because he's Batman is a lame explanation. Alfred's reaction to seeing Bruce alive after thinking he was dead is so calm rather than overwhelming or emotional which suggests that perhaps it is a dream or fantasy. In the end, it is very difficult to tell, there are so many clues which could make either scenario possible. I am sure others will perhaps add factors that I have missed but for the moment I am 50/50 about whether batman survived or not. Until I hear a good argument of how he escaped the Batwing/Atomic Blast with five seconds to go, generally, I do not see how he could possibly survive."

If he wanted to leave it up to interpretation, I don't see why there would be any need to mention the autopilot being fixed. If it was not mentioned I would question whether or not it was real, but since they made a point of it I think it is pretty obvious that the scene is real.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 10:24 AM)
If he wanted to leave it up to interpretation, I don't see why there would be any need to mention the autopilot being fixed. If it was not mentioned I would question whether or not it was real, but since they made a point of it I think it is pretty obvious that the scene is real.

I personally think he somehow survived...but that doesn't mean he did just because I believe it. I think that's the great thing about movies like this, there is always some sort of room for interpretation.

Did he live, didn't he live...if it was cut and dried like so many of you are trying to make it appear, isn't something the entire Internet would be discussing. It's not that cut and dried. That's all I'm saying. It's interesting to think about for those of us who have loved this trilogy.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 10:30 AM)
I personally think he somehow survived...but that doesn't mean he did just because I believe it. I think that's the great thing about movies like this, there is always some sort of room for interpretation.

Did he live, didn't he live...if it was cut and dried like so many of you are trying to make it appear, isn't something the entire Internet would be discussing. It's not that cut and dried. That's all I'm saying. It's interesting to think about for those of us who have loved this trilogy.

I love the trilogy as well, I'm just saying I think the ending was pretty straight-forward in my opinion. I can see people discussing the ending in this way because of Nolan's history with ending movies and people's obsession with over-analyzing the Batman movies. I think the ending was pretty black and white, and that doesn't take anything away from the movie in my opinion. I thought it was a fantastic end to the trilogy and a good ending to the movie.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 09:32 AM)
Everyone has their opinions. The only thing in this thread that irritates me is when someone thinks theirs is the only one that matters.

Yes everyone has an opinion, but the fact of the matter is The Dark Knight Rises isn't anywhere near the best movie ever.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 10:40 AM)
Yes everyone has an opinion, but the fact of the matter is The Dark Knight Rises isn't anywhere near the best movie ever.

LOL - this is a definitively stupid statement.

You can't claim fact based on opinion.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 10:55 AM)

It's just like how some people love deep dish and some people love thin crust. Saying one is definitively better than the other is inane. It's personal taste and opinion, and no one has the exact same taste on things.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 10:55 AM)

There are "experts" who rate the top movies of all times and movie critics who make a living analyzing movies and none would rate the dark knight rises near the top. You can have your personal opinion on a movie and have it as your personal best but fact is it isn't the best movie ever and not even best of the series.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 12:36 PM)
There are "experts" who rate the top movies of all times and movie critics who make a living analyzing movies and none would rate the dark knight rises near the top. You can have your personal opinion on a movie and have it as your personal best but fact is it isn't the best movie ever and not even best of the series.

Those aren't facts.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 10:58 AM)
It's just like how some people love deep dish and some people love thin crust. Saying one is definitively better than the other is inane. It's personal taste and opinion, and no one has the exact same taste on things.

bazinga

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 12:17 AM)
Dont know if this is old or not, but apparently Tom Waits was Ledgers inspiration for the Joker character that he played. Pretty cool stuff.

http://www.hollywire.com/2012/08/heath-led...er-and-its-spot

Whoa... I know they cannot 100% confirm this, but it sure would make sense.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 12:36 PM)

Again, LOL. So completely incorrect in terms of understanding the definition of "opinion". There are "experts" who rate the top movies of all time and movie critics who make a living analyzing movies whose opinions are f***ing moronic, too.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 02:58 PM)
Movie's been out for several weeks now, are they still necessary?

I don't think so - if someone hasn't seen it by now and is still wandering into this thread they deserve to get spoiled. I AM GLAD BRUCE WAYNE DID NOT DIE.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 03:21 PM)
Again, LOL. So completely incorrect in terms of understanding the definition of "opinion". There are "experts" who rate the top movies of all time and movie critics who make a living analyzing movies whose opinions are f***ing moronic, too.

Rightttt, I'm sorry some people need more than explosions and loud noises to consider a movie one of the best ever.

Saw the movie this afternoon. Thought it was really solid, but I liked TDK better.

I'm not a comic book person by any means, but why didn't those people that were stuck in that hole just.....build a bridge across that gap? Or were there gaurds down there making sure the only way you are allowed to escape is by climbing the hole honestly? Just seemed odd.

I think Batman should have died. I don't understand how he could have possibly survived.

Bane's voice was ridiculous. He sounded like a 70 year old English man. Not a scary voice at all. I was waiting them to reveal he had some sort of voicebox on his face, which he why he wore that mask. And why did he wear the mask? Because he was ugly or something? How did disconnecting those valves almost kill him? I didn't understand.

How Bane died was lame too. All it took was getting shot? In that giant fight, why didn't the cops just shoot him? They fist-fought him, but not shoot him? At least 1 of those cops had a gun.

Really the only part that god me really excited was when JGL said his real name was Robin, and then he entered the cave. As a kid, I was never in to superheros, but I always liked Robin. He was my favorite of any superheros, the only one I really rooted for. So I'll be pumped if they make a Robin series. JGL is one of my fav actors. I didn't know he was even in this movie, let alone a main character, and potential future superhero. I'm really excited to find out what they do with that.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 11:51 PM)
Bane's voice was ridiculous. He sounded like a 70 year old English man. Not a scary voice at all. I was waiting them to reveal he had some sort of voicebox on his face, which he why he wore that mask. And why did he wear the mask? Because he was ugly or something? How did disconnecting those valves almost kill him? I didn't understand.

I'm pretty sure they said something along the lines of the mask held his jaw together after his face was busted up in the prison. If he didn't have the mask he'd be in agony. During the fistfight batman hit him there and from that moment he started playing like his face was in agony.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 7, 2012 -> 08:16 AM)
I'm pretty sure they said something along the lines of the mask held his jaw together after his face was busted up in the prison. If he didn't have the mask he'd be in agony. During the fistfight batman hit him there and from that moment he started playing like his face was in agony.

The mask also injects pain killer (morphine) and a form of anabolic steroids into his bloodstream. It is noted in the movie that a prisoner suffered a horrible accident and became addicted to morphine. This is reference to Bane. The mask is also somehow pressurized, which can be heard leaking when The Batman breaks it.

In the comics, Bane is known for wearing a mask, providing conduits which Bane uses to pump an enhanced steroid known as “venom” into his bloodstream. The venom serum gives Bane wildly augmented strength and stamina, but as a side effect it also makes him dangerously psychotic.

Edited by Y2HH