The Dark Knight Rises thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 11:28 PM)
Are you being sarcastic with your posts I can't tell. Especially this one those statements don't really belong together.

My point was that I normally don't hop in a thread and declare BEST MOVIE EVER.

I am declaring best movie ever.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 11:41 PM)

Ok, wasn't sure.... but in that case I disagree 100% and I think this was the worst movie in the series (still a good movie) and nothing about it deserves any Oscar nominations whatsoever.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 11:59 PM)
Ok, wasn't sure.... but in that case I disagree 100% and I think this was the worst movie in the series (still a good movie) and nothing about it deserves any Oscar nominations whatsoever.

To each his own.

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 12:39 AM)
Just got back from The Dark Knight Rises, it was easily the WORST movie of the three.. I am so f***ing pissed off at how it ended. Awful. I am so disappointed its not even funny.

Told you... We couldve finished the ACC championship game on our online dynasty, but noooooooooo..

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 10:41 PM)

John Blake is not "Robin", at least we arent' told that. I believe that is very tongue-in-cheek for the "next Batman". The entire series has been all about Batman being bigger than any one man.

I am so f***ing happy that Bruce Wayne didn't die.

Not sure where you are getting your information from. Im not a big batman fanboy, but the guy at work I talked with today said Nolan was not dong a Robin spinoff, nor was he going to do the Batman reboot. He said possibly a Catwoman prequel (take it for what its worth.)

That being said, even if you think Robin was supposed to be Red Robin or any other nonsense, its still a lame move. You dont just throw something like that at the end, as it wasnt even a reveal.

To me it was just completely unnecessary.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 12:57 AM)
Told you... We couldve finished the ACC championship game on our online dynasty, but noooooooooo..

If you would have just told me the spoilers I wouldn't have wasted the time to go see it.

No joke, the ending of this movie ruined the entire movie for me.

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 01:23 AM)
If you would have just told me the spoilers I wouldn't have wasted the time to go see it.

No joke, the ending of this movie ruined the entire movie for me.

The ending was very disappointing but I think you are stretching it a bit with ruined the entire movie. Overall it was well done just didn't live up to the hype or the quality of the first 2.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 10:41 PM)

It's not even in the Top 5 of Nolan's career.

1. Batman: The Dark Knight

2. Inception

3. Memento

4. Batman Returns

5. The Prestige

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 01:22 AM)

Not sure where you are getting your information from. Im not a big batman fanboy, but the guy at work I talked with today said Nolan was not dong a Robin spinoff, nor was he going to do the Batman reboot. He said possibly a Catwoman prequel (take it for what its worth.)

That being said, even if you think Robin was supposed to be Red Robin or any other nonsense, its still a lame move. You dont just throw something like that at the end, as it wasnt even a reveal.

To me it was just completely unnecessary.

I really think his name being "Robin" was just a tip of the cap to the franchise.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 02:16 AM)
The ending was very disappointing but I think you are stretching it a bit with ruined the entire movie. Overall it was well done just didn't live up to the hype or the quality of the first 2.

No, I liked the movie a lot up until the ending. The way it ended, it was like it ruined the rest of the stuff that I liked about it. Thats how disappointed I was.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 09:43 AM)
It's funny how people can have such vastly different feelings about the movie. Without that ending, I'd have been pissed.

It seems the ending made the movie for you and killed it for some other people. Did neither for me. I didn't like the ending that much but I absolutely LOVED the rest of the movie.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 09:34 PM)
TDK was MUCH better, IMHO. Although Joker obviously wasn't gonna be topped, I liked Bane. TDKR feels a bit too forced a lot of times, though.

And yeah, I wasn't expecting the ending and appreciate a good twist, BUT Alfred basically reciting the ben affleck speech in good will hunting at the end kinda irked me. I mean, really??!

As for Bane's voice, I think it's BADASS. I am currently working on it as we speak, and doing a horrible job at it, but it still feels pretty cool to recite some of the badass stuff he says :) The Batman voice has been ridiculous since day 1...

And I will be seeking the medical expertise from prisoners in remote holes in case of a serious spinal injury...

I pretty much agree with this assessment. It wasn't the best one, but I really liked it. I also liked Bane's voice. The one quote was pretty good when he first fought Batman. Something like (not sure if I even need spoilers),

"Patience has made you weak. Victory has defeated you."

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 10:35 PM)
I am very good at keeping perspective on movies.

The Dark Knight Rises very well might be the best movie I have ever seen. It's sheer scale makes TDK look like child's play. I have no idea how anyone could complain about that movie. It was absolute perfection; and that's from a Bat-Fanatic.

Dude, you really aren't :lol:

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but you consider every other TV show the "best" at any given moment. This movie, while awesome, isn't on par with the other two. Still awesome.

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 12:39 AM)
Just got back from The Dark Knight Rises, it was easily the WORST movie of the three.. I am so f***ing pissed off at how it ended. Awful. I am so disappointed its not even funny.

And on the opposite end of the spectrum, you seem to be one of those people who can't be pleased no matter what.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 01:31 PM)

Same here. And it serves as another hint (that's impossible to miss) that he's taking over the Batman name, as if the very last scene didn't do that enough.

I think its more likely he was supposed to be Red Robin as opposed to the next Batman:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Robin_%28comics%29

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 01:30 PM)
And on the opposite end of the spectrum, you seem to be one of those people who can't be pleased no matter what.

Im actually very easy to please

Im sorry that

seeing Batman and Catwoman sharing a latte and chuckling over brunch in Venice at the end of the movie really ruined what up until the end was a damn good movie. And Robin? Even if it was a tip of the cap, lame. Or how they reveal Talia Al Goul and then literally 30 seconds later she has died. I also felt the way Bane was taken out of the movie was pretty damn weak.

After all of the build up and excitement, the ending just didn't live up to what I had built into my head going in. The entire movie wasn't a let down, the ending was.

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 03:07 PM)
Im actually very easy to please

Im sorry that

seeing Batman and Catwoman sharing a latte and chuckling over brunch in Venice at the end of the movie really ruined what up until the end was a damn good movie. And Robin? Even if it was a tip of the cap, lame. Or how they reveal Talia Al Goul and then literally 30 seconds later she has died. I also felt the way Bane was taken out of the movie was pretty damn weak.

After all of the build up and excitement, the ending just didn't live up to what I had built into my head going in. The entire movie wasn't a let down, the ending was.

So what would have been a good ending to you or your best-case-scenario ending?

Bomb explodes, Batman is dead, cut to black.

?

Terrific movie. Best one in the series definitely.

Anyone who says Batman Begins is better is kidding themselves. I loved it at the time, but it has aged horribly in just a few short years. Terribly corny and low budget compared to the other two.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 04:44 PM)
Terrific movie. Best one in the series definitely.

Anyone who says Batman Begins is better is kidding themselves. I loved it at the time, but it has aged horribly in just a few short years. Terribly corny and low budget compared to the other two.

I wouldn't go that far in regards to BB, but certainly each movie has gotten considerably bigger in scale. I think it's an amazing feat that Nolan has been able to meet expectations considering the hype around TDK and TDKR.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 04:38 PM)
So what would have been a good ending to you or your best-case-scenario ending?

Bomb explodes, Batman is dead, cut to black.

?

Bane should have killed Batman. And they could have kept the JGL ultimately taking over and I would have been satisfied by that. Just seeing Batman and Catwoman at the end, man that was garbage.

I don't understand how anyone found this ending a fitting conclusion to the trilogy.