The Dark Knight Rises thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 09:51 PM)
Yes Im ridiculous cause I gave the film a B, or 3 stars.

Its not the best film ever, sorry.

I never said it was the best film ever. You nitpicking about the bridges is ridiculous.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 09:57 PM)
The ridiculous part is nitpicking about the cities which I didn't even notice, giving it a B grade is perfectly understandable.

This.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 10:11 PM)
Oh the only reason I was nitpicking is cause some people were saying this was the best movie ever, and I was noting some reasons why it wasnt.

Just as an action comic movie those things dont matter. I just suspend reality when I watch.

Obviously, that's not the case.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only brought that stuff up because Steve said it was the best movie ever and gave it an A+.

(edit)

The more I reread my posts Im not even sure what your issue is. I just said that Nolan not wanting to pay to film in Chicago created continuity problems. That is a fact. Not sure why that is so controversial.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 10:18 PM)
I only brought that stuff up because Steve said it was the best movie ever and gave it an A+.

But Steve hasn't said anything about this movie in a number of pages and you have multiple posts in response to no one (or to people other than Steve) talking about the disparity in Gotham between movies and how bridges aren't the same and blah blah blah. I don't get it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 05:43 PM)
There really wasnt too much CGI in the first, really. Basically seeing through the eyes of the people who were on gas, and when the gas was released into the city. I love that Nolan stays away from CGI as much as he can

All of Gotham was pretty much CGI. The train going through the city looks especially bad these days.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 06:02 PM)
Cities do change, but I cant name 1 city that completely lost its elevated track system or had an island disappear within 8 years.

Arkham was in the Narrows, its a pretty important thing to just completely forget about.

Did you see BB? Did you see how they stopped the water from being dispersed? It kinda sorta maybe involved THE ELEVATED TRAIN BEING DESTROYED.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 08:40 AM)
Did you see BB? Did you see how they stopped the water from being dispersed? It kinda sorta maybe involved THE ELEVATED TRAIN BEING DESTROYED.

I saw BB, I also saw Dark Knight. And Im pretty certain in Dark Knight you can see the EL in some scenes, so even if it was destroyed in BB, it was back by Dark Knight.

I rewatched them both multiple times this weekend to try and justify your "Rises" as #1, but I just couldnt do it.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 10:03 AM)
I saw BB, I also saw Dark Knight. And Im pretty certain in Dark Knight you can see the EL in some scenes, so even if it was destroyed in BB, it was back by Dark Knight.

It's f***ing Chicago. That train is quite different from the one in BB - they aren't even remotely similar. One is a normal elevated train you see in many cities (TDK), the other is a giant one that is about 300 feet in the air. You are reaching, my friend.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 10:14 AM)
If DKR is the best film, then Greg is right about Ozzie.

Opinions...

I see what you're getting at here...but don't compare what you're comparing. An opinion on someone liking a movie as the best of the trilogy is far different from whatever it is that greg does with Ozzie.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 11:14 AM)
Batman begins was filmed in London. These continuity errors started by going to Chicago.

Parts of Batman were filmed in London and parts were in Chicago. Wayne Enterprises was the CBOT.

http://www.movie-locations.com/movies/b/batmanbegins.html

Either way you didnt see the Eye in one scene and the Sears Tower in another.