Cowley: Bridges need to be rebuilt.

justBLAZE

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 09:33 AM)
With the Sun Times still struggling to survive, and Sox fans flocking away from their paper (used to be reliably a Sox fans' paper) to the Trib, it is only a matter of time before they either fire Cowley or make him a columnist, and put in an inexpensive newbie (who will probably be a much better journalist) to be the beat writer.

He has been off of the Sox beat for a while now. He is a columnist. Instead of getting baseball news, we get who is mad at each other. Maybe next he will tell us who trims AJs beard or who Gordo is dating.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 09:42 AM)
He has been off of the Sox beat for a while now. He is a columnist. Instead of getting baseball news, we get who is mad at each other. Maybe next he will tell us who trims AJs beard or who Gordo is dating.

Heh, apparently I have been away from the Sun Times for too long. Who is the Sox beat writer over there now?

Obviously I'm not surprised he is off the beat now, if that is the case.

I think Joe's article was well written. We know there were problems inside the Sox last season. We had lots of spirited talk here about internal issues and player and coach and manager issues. Simply because Cowley writes the srticle is no reason now to dismiss the information as being from an unreliable adn trouble making writer. Where there is smoke there probably is fire. The truth hurts sometimes. Bottom line is we need to get things straightened out and get back to winning baseball games instead of looking to tear the team and organization apart.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 10:39 AM)
I think Joe's article was well written. We know there were problems inside the Sox last season. We had lots of spirited talk here about internal issues and player and coach and manager issues. Simply because Cowley writes the srticle is no reason now to dismiss the information as being from an unreliable adn trouble making writer. Where there is smoke there probably is fire. The truth hurts sometimes. Bottom line is we need to get things straightened out and get back to winning baseball games instead of looking to tear the team and organization apart.

Yea, it's shoot the messenger around here regarding Cowley. Interesting info in the article regardless.

QUOTE (3E8 @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 11:05 AM)
Are you suggesting Cooper should have been let go?

Yes, Kenny and the entire coaching staff.

At the very least, a new GM and let him make that decision.

Kenny shouldn't have been given the opportunity to fix his own mess. It's ridiculous he's still there.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 01:11 PM)
Yea, it's shoot the messenger around here regarding Cowley. Interesting info in the article regardless.

We only shoot the messenger when the messenger editorializes a very obvious agenda. You can tell from the verbal contortions he puts his article through to cobble together a narrative from disparate quotes. There are plenty of columnists who have written about the Sox' troubles that I don't have a problem with.

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 01:14 PM)
Yes, Kenny and the entire coaching staff.

At the very least, a new GM and let him make that decision.

Kenny shouldn't have been given the opportunity to fix his own mess. It's ridiculous he's still there.

It would be incredibly foolish to let the best part of our coaching staff go just so we can say that we joined the Clean Plate Club.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 12:17 PM)
We only shoot the messenger when the messenger editorializes a very obvious agenda. You can tell from the verbal contortions he puts his article through to cobble together a narrative from disparate quotes. There are plenty of columnists who have written about the Sox' troubles that I don't have a problem with.

God darn it, Mr. Do, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.

Edited by Milkman delivers

He's like a word genius.

:notworthy

Remember, asking for an extension is bad, except when it is during a pennant race, and then it is not only OK, but encouraged.

So...random thought...

If Cooper was angling for an extension early in 2011, why wasn't it just given to him?

Coop addressed that himself months ago, in person, and on the air. None of the coaches were being extended, as I recall him saying, he asked what the protocol was, and followed up.... then something about finding out it was put to Ozzie about what coaches to extend, and he wanted them all to "sweat."

*Link - here it is.

cst_Cowley cst_Cowley

Hit unfollow then and take your ass to a shiny, happy place. I'm sure Vanilla Ice across town can make u smile with his no-opinion opinions.

Well at least he finally admits they are opinions instead of news.

:lolhitting

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 03:09 PM)
cst_Cowley cst_Cowley

Hit unfollow then and take your ass to a shiny, happy place. I'm sure Vanilla Ice across town can make u smile with his no-opinion opinions.

H. Christ, people employed by a news organization are actually allowed to write things like that to readers without getting fired?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 02:09 PM)
cst_Cowley cst_Cowley

What an awful writer across town. Not giving his opinion, but instead writing facts? How does he keep a job?