Lowe's Knows (s***)

Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 06:04 PM)
I don't know when you heard about it or not...but two days AFTER the Lowes story broke, the show aired and the ratings went down, they didn't benefit from any news of it. How that has anything to do with what you're saying, I'm not sure. :P

I'm not saying as the story gains tons of momentum it may or may not see a short term spike...I'm simply saying that thus far, it hasn't really helped it. And based on the comments in this thread of the show, I hope it doesn't...because it sounds like another stupid reality TV show the world can do without.

Because there's an enormous difference between "Lowe's actually taking the step" and "People actually hearing about the step". It is fairly difficult for people to react to something they haven't heard about.

The one benefit I know about is that someone bought up all the ad-space that Lowe's dropped. Hopefully an indirect benefit will be people realizing what kind of asshats FFA are. Anonymous certainly did :-) .

Yes, some Americans are dumb asses.

Unfortunately, dumb isn't indigenous to the USA.

I suppose this is true- my parents came here from Southern Poland and brought a lot of that area's s***ty mindsets along with them. I couldn't stand it, and so I told myself I'd be the polar opposite. The quickest way I could piss them off would be to tell them that I will marry a Muslim girl, or Jewish Girl, or anything not Roman Catholic. They're going to be in for the shock of their lives when I don't bring home a nice polish girl (because I absolutely won't) I've dealt with that every day of my life. My sister is most likely going to get engaged to a black guy - there will be fireworks when that happens, and I don't mean in the sky to celebrate it. None of my other brothers and sisters, or myself, see anything wrong with it. We think it's great. You'd think we were raised by John Lennon and Mother Theresa, but it's the exact opposite.

I still think attitudes towards people different than you are at least a *little* better, but yeah, it's certainly true that not everyone is singing kumbaya together everywhere else but here. I'm more aware of it here, because here is home. I'm absolutely not anti-American- there aren't too many places I would rather live (except maybe Canada should Herman Cain have been elected, but that's a discussion for another time).

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 03:18 PM)
Maybe because the show sucks? Just sayin.

Lowe's should have said that was the reason. "Yea, ratings weren't high enough. So we didn't want to advertise during that time slot"

honesty is not always the best policy

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 07:59 PM)
Lowe's should have said that was the reason. "Yea, ratings weren't high enough. So we didn't want to advertise during that time slot"

honesty is not always the best policy

But then they wouldn't get the positive press from joining in the Muslim hating.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 05:20 PM)
I'm absolutely not anti-American- there aren't too many places I would rather live (except maybe Canada should Herman Cain have been elected, but that's a discussion for another time).

I heard Poland is doing pretty good now-a-days.

I hope one day all religions will not be unfairly attacked. It is sad when one religion attacks another, there are more than enough secular attacks. And let's not forget Christians are mocked and attacked regularly in our society.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 07:54 PM)
ah, i see. well then they are brilliant marketers.

Well, if you really think about it, Lowe's bread and butter are middle class American blue collar workers. I.E. union carpenters, plumbers, handymen, etc. ;) I haven't done a "poll", but I'm going to go ahead and venture to guess most of them 1) don't give a s*** about muslims, foreigners, most religions, and 2) probably hate them all.

In other words, Lowe's probably won't lose any business.

I know this, and I'm not even a blue collar worker...but I've never liked Lowe's, I think Menard's is far superior...however, would this prevent me from shopping at Lowe's?

No.

Because I don't care about this, whatsoever.

QUOTE (Tex @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 10:09 PM)
I hope one day all religions will not be unfairly attacked. It is sad when one religion attacks another, there are more than enough secular attacks. And let's not forget Christians are mocked and attacked regularly in our society.

Imagine there's no countries

It isn't hard to do

Nothing to kill or die for

and no religion too

emot-awgee.gif

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Dec 17, 2011 -> 12:38 AM)
Well, if you really think about it, Lowe's bread and butter are middle class American blue collar workers. I.E. union carpenters, plumbers, handymen, etc. ;) I haven't done a "poll", but I'm going to go ahead and venture to guess most of them 1) don't give a s*** about muslims, foreigners, most religions, and 2) probably hate them all.

In other words, Lowe's probably won't lose any business.

I know this, and I'm not even a blue collar worker...but I've never liked Lowe's, I think Menard's is far superior...however, would this prevent me from shopping at Lowe's?

No.

Because I don't care about this, whatsoever.

:headbang

Menards is where we did most of our shopping after we moved in and were working on a million little projects. A box of drywall screws is right next to the frozen pizza aisle. Can't be beat.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 17, 2011 -> 09:16 AM)
:headbang

Menards is where we did most of our shopping after we moved in and were working on a million little projects. A box of drywall screws is right next to the frozen pizza aisle. Can't be beat.

Menards sells frozen pizzas now? weird

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Dec 20, 2011 -> 07:59 AM)
I find some of these new atheist movements to be more hateful sounding than most organized religions. But whatever, I'll just ignore them, too.

It seems that it is typically people who were brought up in a fundamentalist, oppressive religion and then broke free. But they've replaced one fundamentalism with another. and they take their victimization/persecution complex with them.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 20, 2011 -> 08:06 AM)
It seems that it is typically people who were brought up in a fundamentalist, oppressive religion and then broke free. But they've replaced one fundamentalism with another. and they take their victimization/persecution complex with them.

I'm at the point where I just wish people would be good people, and stop citing or following completely fictional/hypocritical garbage, from written religions or otherwise.

Be as good as you can to each other...and that's that. If you need a deity to threaten you from above in order to do that, than IMO, you're an asshole anyway.