k0na breaks story on Danks 5 years/$65mil ext...Heyman confirms

DirtySox

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 04:14 PM)
I hear ya. And you are right that the Sox brass understands that a full-on, multi-year rebuild isn't really possible for multiple reasons.

I'm not saying I'm all excited for 2012 or anything, I am just saying... if Danks is willing to sign a reasonable extension, that changes the landscape a bit, and I am less worried than I was about how this will play out. Still want to see what happens the next month or so. I'm not jumping off a bridge yet.

And as I've said, you have to realize that KW's version of a rebuild doesn't target 2015, it targets 2013 at the latest. In that view, this could be a good move, regardless of what happens in 2012.

Fair enough.

QUOTE (Sockin @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 04:15 PM)
Doug Seyller @k0na

#Whitesox 5yr 65mil

$13M AAV, $14M if he gets $9M in year 1. It's actually rather reasonable for both sides, the Sox have to see Peavy's money coming off the books as an opening for Danks. Assuming this is true, of course.

I still don't know what the f*** they're doing.

Here is my guess as to what the Sox are doing:

Ticket sales are drastically down. After running the numbers Sox front office has determined that rebuilding for more than 1 year is not economical, therefore they are getting ready for next year. After watching insane contracts get thrown around this season, they decided that they would get Danks locked up today instead of worry tomorrow. While its a 5 year deal, 1 of those years was an arb year. So the contract actually is a 4 year extension starting next year.

Based on the FA dollars this year, Danks 4 year extension may have cost the Sox over $60mil therefore signing him this year makes the most sense.

OH THAT KENNY WILLIAMS TRICKED US ALL AGAIN

TRADER KENNY ALL IN: THE SEQUEL

KW TO AL CENTRAL - F*CK YOU

KENNY KNOWS ALL

KENNY WILL SHOW US NON-BELIEVERS!

July 31, 2012 - Kenny Williams trades Nestor Molina and Addison Reed for Vladimir Guerrero after team wins 10 in a row to get within 5 games of Detroit.

August, 2012 - Struggling Vernon Wells claimed off waivers by White Sox, WILL ANGELS PULL HIM BACK!? (no.)

October, 2012 - White Sox announce contract extension for Kenny Williams after .500 season

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 05:23 PM)
Cue debilitating arm injury.

What an odd surprise. I still don't like John Danks. I still cannot explain why. I have never really liked John Danks.

It's his pitching style. His only real dominating pitch is that changeup, and he becomes a fairly pedestrian pitcher on days when he doesn't have his good change. It's as frustrating of a thing as I've seen. Either more reliability on that changeup or a 2nd pitch to get lefties out in particular and he'd become a wrecking ball.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 11:28 PM)
It's his pitching style. His only real dominating pitch is that changeup, and he becomes a fairly pedestrian pitcher on days when he doesn't have his good change. It's as frustrating of a thing as I've seen. Either more reliability on that changeup or a 2nd pitch to get lefties out in particular and he'd become a wrecking ball.

Kind of sounds like Johan Santana a bit. Got to have that great changeup and at least a couple other good pitches. What does Danks have? A fair fastball and curve maybe.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 05:34 PM)
Kind of sounds like Johan Santana a bit. Got to have that great changeup and at least a couple other good pitches. What does Danks have? A fair fastball and curve maybe.

Johan never had as many "Days off" with the change as Danks has, had a different arm slot that made the change basically a different pitch, and had a better fastball to boot.

If Danks does sign an extension sometime soon and the terms are close to 5/$65M then Doug Seyller deserves are undying respect because no writer whether national or otherwise has even hinted that the Sox and Danks are even talking and yet some f***ing Art Designer with 182 followers on twitter already has a dollar amount out there. This would be at least his 3rd big get.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 04:38 PM)
If Danks does sign an extension sometime soon and the terms are close to 5/$65M then Doug Seyller deserves are undying respect because no writer whether national or otherwise has even hinted that the Sox and Danks are even talking and yet some f***ing Art Designer with 182 followers on twitter already has a dollar amount out there. This would be at least his 3rd big get.

I would argue 4th. Remember, he called Peavy...twice.

I remember that night in chat when you were like "look at this post on the MLB boards, guys." And we laughed

Obviously this guy knows somebody, or he's hacked into somebody's email. You would think after the last couple times, Kenny would find out who knows him and put an end to it....not that I'm complaining.

Just out of curiosity, if this is true, who would have rather re-signed Buehrle and dealt Danks?

Without factoring in the trade return for Danks, I'd rather have Danks at 5/65 than Buehrle at 4/58. Now, if you tell me that Danks could have gotten a Top 25 prospect in return, then maybe I'd rather have Buehrle.

Not gonna lie guys, I heard this same thing last night in a text from a friend. He guaranteed it, and it was a 5 year 65 million dollar deal. I woke up this morning extremely excited and went to research it and didn't see a thing anywhere in the news and figured my friend was just messing with me. I looked all over the web. Now this just popped up and I'm starting to believe it.