k0na breaks story on Danks 5 years/$65mil ext...Heyman confirms

DirtySox

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 08:20 PM)
Didn't we just say that 2 months ago when we signed Sergio Santos?

Maybe have become too cynical to believe John Danks will actually finish that contract in a Sox jersey.

That contract got us a starting pitching prospect that is the #2 guy in our system now. Even if you want to look at it that way, it was valuable to us.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 08:22 PM)
keithlaw keithlaw

If you're rebuilding, you trade Danks. If you re-sign Danks, you're not rebuilding. If you re-sign Danks while rebuilding, you're lost.

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Oh I want to punch this guy in the face.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 08:18 PM)
Incredible value for the White Sox or another team? That's the question.

It's not happening. You don't pull that s*** with veteran players in major league baseball, that's why they give out 48 hour signing windows. When have you ever seen a player a year or less away from free agency sign a big money, long term contract extension and get traded in the same offseason?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 08:22 PM)
Yeah, I got that...but Sergio's contract was basically buying out his pre-arb and arb years...this is something else entirely.

He's not getting dealt.

I'm still wondering what the hell Kenny is doing. Are we not rebuilding anymore?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 09:20 PM)
Didn't we just say that 2 months ago when we signed Sergio Santos?

Maybe have become too cynical to believe John Danks will actually finish that contract in a Sox jersey.

Santos was just a tick below Jenks...just like Massett we'll learn later that means an annoying biting bug that lives in Jenks' nether regions and not his stuff...

Danks is much more proven and deal could be considered slightly below market so whether he pitches only 2 years of it or more, I'm good with it.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 08:22 PM)
Oh I want to punch this guy in the face.

Ozzie just keeps looking better RT @DarkestDiamond: @keithlaw Danks re-signs with the White Sox? What happened to rebuilding?

More fuel to the fire.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 08:23 PM)
I'm still wondering what the hell Kenny is doing. Are we not rebuilding anymore?

Well I, for one, have never really believed in a total rebuild. It makes no sense when you are carrying Dunn and Rios' salaries for the next 3 years.

Honestly, I think he's just trying to reduce payroll as much as possible but without dumping salary and without forfeiting assets. He obviously tried to move Danks and wasn't going to get more than 1 solid prospect, so determined it would be better to sign him long term.

The next move would be to move Thornton and Quentin.