What does Krazy "Rebuilding" Kenny do next?

caulfield12

What will Williams do next?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Next move, in order of likelihood

• Trades John Danks to the highest bidder (depending on NTC/contract terms)
    • Trades Gavin Floyd to the highest bidder
    • Trades Carlos Quentin to eliminate his salary
    • Trades Matt Thornton (Yankees?)
    • Trades Frasor or Crain with Stewart now slated for the pen
    • Does something really crazy, trades Alexei or Paulie
    • Trades Danks for Buehrle
    • Has a billboard constructed poking fun at Joe Cowley
    • Offers Adam Dunn a restaurant chain in Lawrence, KS to run with Ozzie
    • Offers Alex Rios and Peavy extensions

Determining the direction of the White Sox is like following the old-fashioned weather vane on top of the Kansas farm house in the middle of the movie "Twister."

I left out another one....actually announces two signings tomorrow, the other with Cespedes signing for $55 million (although supposedly this won't happen at the earliest until January).

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 09:14 PM)
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a rule about signing a player and then immediately trading him?

Anyway, I would have never believed Quentin would be on the roster at Christmas, so I'll say he's the next move.

It didn't take them long to move Santos after he signed that "team-friendly" extension.

With Danks, I'm sure the actuality of the contract will be much more convoluted...not sure when we'll find out the exact terms and conditions.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a rule about signing a player and then immediately trading him?

Anyway, I would have never believed Quentin would be on the roster at Christmas, so I'll say he's the next move.

Danks could be traded at anytime.. It happened to Bronson Arroyo as well as Sergio..

There was a rule that if a player with 6+ years of service time was traded with 2+ years left on a contract, the player had a right to demand a trade to another team after a year. It's how the Sox ended up with Javy Vazquez.

IF that rule is still in the new CBA, it pretty much guarantees that no team is going to be trading for Danks because there's too much risk that he forces his way out in a year.

The next question is whether any season tickets will be sold as a result of this?

We can definitely assume losing Buehrle, Ozzie and the 2011 season being what amounts to a complete debacle has cost roughly 20+% of the season ticket base (Rios/Peavy/Dunn/Beckham flops, etc.).

Anyone with inside knowledge in the marketing/F.O. about where things stand with renewals and any new season ticket packages being sold?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 08:37 PM)
There was a rule that if a player with 6+ years of service time was traded with 2+ years left on a contract, the player had a right to demand a trade to another team after a year. It's how the Sox ended up with Javy Vazquez.

IF that rule is still in the new CBA, it pretty much guarantees that no team is going to be trading for Danks because there's too much risk that he forces his way out in a year.

Then there's no way JR signed off on that deal...it's too much of a financial risk.

There has to be some type of out with the new CBA to make trading such contracts more flexible.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 08:33 PM)
Danks could be traded at anytime.. It happened to Bronson Arroyo as well as Sergio..

Ok, I may have been confusing it with signing free agents.

In that case, he has more trade value now, but I still hope they play out the first few months of the 2012 season with Peavy, Danks, Floyd, Humber, and Sale.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 09:07 PM)
I do believe if Danks is traded, he can demand a trade from his new team after the first year

With the new CBA we really don't know what rules are in place for protecting veteran players who sign long term deals. As far as I can tell the new CBA isn't online anywhere as of yet, MLB.com still has the old agreement up. My guess is that same rule is in there, if not a more stringent form of the rule.